Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Cox confirmed as a Crawley Town player

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why use a thread titled "Dean Cox confirmed as Crawley Town player" to post an item saying he has left the club? Surely a new thread "Dean Cox leaves Crawley" would be more helpful?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Still only 30, and not without talent, so maybe a League 2 side could pick him up, (if they can afford his wages). I think it;'s more about whether he has the desire though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still only 30, and not without talent, so maybe a League 2 side could pick him up, (if they can afford his wages). I think it;'s more about whether he has the desire though.

He worked pretty hard when he was at Burgess Hill on loan a couple of seasons ago........didn't appear to be lacking any desire then despite the step down. Hope things work out for him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He has been through a very tough patch personally recently, but I don't think his desire to play football has been diminished.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He has been through a very tough patch personally recently, but I don't think his desire to play football has been diminished.

I hope your right, just hope he is prepared to play no-league football then, as that may be the only option for him now. I know he played at Burgess Hill but that was more of a fitness exercise prior to joining Crawley.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On half what he earned before? Billericay perhaps

Maybe that is a drop too far, although they do pay good wages.

I can see him in the National League. Ebbsfleet? Play-off team last year and looking to push on, decent backing and pay decent wages.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe that is a drop too far, although they do pay good wages.

I can see him in the National League. Ebbsfleet? Play-off team last year and looking to push on, decent backing and pay decent wages.

hence my view that he will return to Orient and Justin Edinburgh will get a team to mount a challenge.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Dean Cox speaks out on his mental health issues.

Former Brighton & Hove Albion and Crawley Town midfielder Dean Cox has revealed he recently had a battle with depression. With today being World Mental Health Day he spoke about how being being left out of the Crawley Town side last season affected him.

Speaking to the Albion’s website www.brightonandhovealbion.com, he said: “I think my last year or so has been well-documented, I’ve played in the Football League all my career and my last year at that level was tough because I wasn’t playing as much as I would have liked. “I wasn’t in the squad and my contract was running out, you then start to worry about what you’re going to do and how you’re going to support your family.

"I wanted to change my life and it was a big worry for me – luckily my family and friends helped, and I’ve become a dad recently which has helped massively. “I think the time I first spoke out about what I was going through was the best day because you feel like it takes a massive weight off your shoulders.”

Cox’s words follow those of Albion midfielder Anthony Knockaert, who has also revealed about his recent off-the-field battles. The former Leyton Orient and Crawley Town man, who is now playing for Eastbourne Borough, praised Brighton’s French player Anthony Knockaert who also recently decided to speak out.

He said: “Someone like Anthony Knockaert speaking out about it is massive because people see him as a Premier League superstar. Knockaert went public about the effects the loss of his father and separation from his partner had on him. He said: “People on the outside may not recognise how quickly the sport moves – I use Anthony as an example and even though he’s a professional footballer, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have feelings like the rest of us. “He’s a human being and he’s a fantastic footballer, but things happen in life and he’s come through some really difficult times.

“Who’s to say that he shouldn’t come and speak out about those? His life hasn’t been easy, and it just shows that money doesn’t buy happiness in any walk of life. “I think it’s great he’s come out – he’s a local hero and it just goes to show that people at any level can be having problems and going through the same things as anyone else.”

Cox and Knockeart both follow on from current Crawley Town player Mark Connolly who in July broke the news about his struggles with mental health and today tweetded how the day itself is important to him.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/october/cox-opens-up-on-mental-health/

https://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/s...ut-about-his-mental-health-problems-1-8664300

It's good to talk :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here