Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale

Bruno-Dunk-Duffy-Pocognoli

Knockaert-Stephens-Sidwell-Murphy

Murray-Baldock​

Subs:Ankergren/Maenpaa, March, Hemed, Norwood, Goldson, Skalak, Bong.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A lot of tough decisions for CH this weekend;

Bong/Pocognoli - SP has hardly put a foot wrong since coming in but after not playing much in the last 18 months, will he have it in him to play 270 minutes in a week?

Sidwell/Norwood - With Kayal injured Sidwell is probably our first choice midfielder, but Norwood has been very good in our last two games. Norwood offers us something more with his set piece deliveries but Sidwell probably offers slightly more from open play.

Wingers - Skalak and Knockeart have been quiet lately, Murphy should be back to replace Skalak, but the big decision is do you keep faith in Knockeart to come good or do we let March have his chance from the off? Dropping Knockeart didn't work against Cardiff but it's hard to deny that he's still not 100%

Murray/Hemed - By all accounts Hemed looked very good against Blackburn and seems to have an understanding with Baldock. However Murray has 13 goals for the season and has finally broken his away goal duck, so another difficult choice to make for Hughton.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Stephens
Norwood
March

Hemed
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Bong, Goldson, Sidwell, Skalak, Murray, LuaLua

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Two good posts to start this thread. I'd probably go with the team the OP has indicated, but take all the conundrums raised by [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] and will add two more in:
-- Kayal's been back in training for over a week now; Saturday's probably too soon, but he ought to be back in the reckoning for the trio of games after Christmas, complicating things further
-- I might be tempted to start either Norwood or Skalak for their set pieces, and would probably go with Norwood, but that would be really harsh on Sidwell

Despite all of the above, CH will make the right decision.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two good posts to start this thread. I'd probably go with the team the OP has indicated, but take all the conundrums raised by [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] and will add two more in:
-- Kayal's been back in training for over a week now; Saturday's probably too soon, but he ought to be back in the reckoning for the trio of games after Christmas, complicating things further
-- I might be tempted to start either Norwood or Skalak for their set pieces, and would probably go with Norwood, but that would be really harsh on Sidwell

Despite all of the above, CH will make the right decision.
The subs are as good as the starting eleven. It's purely down to fitness and tactics.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Compared to this time last year, I'm not sure I would describe the decisions as 'tough'..........a year ago it was case of looking at the last few uninjured players, now CH is choosing between established championship (and PL and International standard) options. Happy days.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Calderon was playing this time last year

Great player in previous years and an ambassador for the club. This squad does look stronger this year though, even considering the injury problems last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here