Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is BG.?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No but he stood in well when Bong was out and has kept Bong up to the mark and we have benefitted from strength in depth.
I certainly agree there. Not sure what 'point proved' refers to though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
NSC is a duller place without BG. The Father of The House. His posts are an amusing distraction from the treadmill of existence. A beloved and benign companion.

Happy New Year, old boy.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
On a slightly separate note whatever happened to [MENTION=3788]Barrel of Fun[/MENTION]? Not seen him post in months

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
NSC is a duller place without BG. The Father of The House. His posts are an amusing distraction from the treadmill of existence. A beloved and benign companion.

Happy New Year, old boy.

I am not sure if i am allowed to say this but say this i will,i agree with much he posts...not all..much.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
New Years's Resolution: Must try to write more uninformed crap - clearly the way to get noticed on NSC.

Noticed, perhaps. I don't agree with much of what BG writes but he's a character. There's no charm without such folk. I'd say that those who start nauseous 'look at me' threads are the annoyance. I don't see BG in that category.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Noticed, perhaps. I don't agree with much of what BG writes but he's a character. There's no charm without such folk. I'd say that those who start nauseous 'look at me' threads are the annoyance. I don't see BG in that category.

Not intentionally perhaps but it ends up as 'look at me' because so much is uninformed bull. Anyone who can write on a forum clearly has the knowhow to google 'rules for registration of players' to use the latest example. Yesterday, we had that refs cannot abandon a game after a certain (unspecified) time, which is also untrue. It doesn't take much to check this before posting. But certainly it is harmless compared to some of the invective we see on on here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not intentionally perhaps but it ends up as 'look at me' because so much is uninformed bull. Anyone who can write on a forum clearly has the knowhow to google 'rules for registration of players' to use the latest example. Yesterday, we had that refs cannot abandon a game after a certain (unspecified) time, which is also untrue. It doesn't take much to check this before posting. But certainly it is harmless compared to some of the invective we see on on here.

This time scale was based on my experience on Surrey FA when if a game was abandoned before the 67th minute (being the 3/4 of the match point) the game was ALWAYS ordered to be replayed. If after that point the score stood. I assumed that it was an FA direction, which it may have been in 1980s and have never read anything to contradict that assumption or of any rules change to cover it.

1980 we didnt have google to check things out so have never had reaon in the past to require me to do so now.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This time scale was based on my experience on Surrey FA when if a game was abandoned before the 67th minute (being the 3/4 of the match point) the game was ALWAYS ordered to be replayed. If after that point the score stood. I assumed that it was an FA direction, which it may have been in 1980s and have never read anything to contradict that assumption or of any rules change to cover it.

1980 we didnt have google to check things out so have never had reaon in the past to require me to do so now.

This is a bit of a classic. I googled rules for abandoning football games and got a very useful summary on http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow01.htm within a few seconds. So it appears that there is no rule as such, it is up to the Football League or whoever depending on the circumstances. The fact that there was no internet in 1915 didnt mean we cant find out what happened in Middlesbrough v Oldham for example. The internet does include history.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is a bit of a classic. I googled rules for abandoning football games and got a very useful summary on http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow01.htm within a few seconds. So it appears that there is no rule as such, it is up to the Football League or whoever depending on the circumstances. The fact that there was no internet in 1915 didnt mean we cant find out what happened in Middlesbrough v Oldham for example. The internet does include history.

What an interesting website. Amazing what's out there to find!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That would be the reason then for our decisions as obviously Surrey FA decided on that time scale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here