Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooting Football Photography Course with Park Cameras - Saturday 9th August - £199.99

Park Cameras

Jul 28, 2014
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Hi All,

James here from Park Cameras over in Burgess Hill, our name will probably be familiar with most of you as you will have seen the press photographers at home games in our Hi-viz tabbards.

Park Cameras, in association with Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club are proud to offer a unique photographic experience. We are offering up to ten lucky shooters the opportunity to attend a day learning about shooting football pictures from the pro-photogapher at Brighton & Hove Albion Football club and the head of our School of Photography and putting that knowledge into practice immediately during a Sky Bet Championship league match against Sheffield Wednesday, which is the first of the 2014/2015 season!

You can see the basic details of the course in the image below, and I've put more info below that. Obviously, if you have any questions at all regarding the course, please do reply to this thread, or contact us using the email address on our website and we will answer any queries or questions you may have.

NSC_web_ad.jpg

As well as tuition there will be a full tour of the American Express Community Stadium (the AMEX) and the chance to enjoy a lunch courtesy of award winning pie makers Piglet's Pantry.

We shall look at technique, exposure, and lens choices amongst other topics with the aim to prepare participants for shooting the evening game from pitchside.

As part of our continuing sponsorship with Canon of photographer’s bibs at the AMEX this will be aimed at Canon users and we expect an intermediate skill level of those who attend.

Capture that goal, make that tackle, anticipate the pass, create headlines with this one time only experience with Park Cameras, Canon and Brighton and Hove Albion.

Required Equipment:

This is very much a hands-on course. If you own a Digital SLR, please bring this along with plenty of memory. We will have some loan cameras to use including Canon EOS 5D Mark III and EOS-1D X bodies for you to try out, as well as a variety of long lenses. If you own a monopod, please also bring this with you, although we will have a small number to borrow for the session.

Use of Images:

All the shots you take throughout the day are for you to keep! However, please note that these are to be kept for portfolios or personal use and are not to be used for commercial gain.

Course Duration
Approximately 7.5 hours
Start time – 10.30am
Finish time – 6.00pm (Match time 3.00pm - 4.45pm)

Please meet at the American Express Community Stadium (the AMEX) (full directions to be provided upon booking your place)

Lunch will be provided by award winning pie makers Piglet's Pantry. Please notify us at the time of booking your place if you have any dietary requirements. Tea and coffee will be provided throughout the day.

The order of the day is as follows:
  • 10.30 - 10.45am - Meet at Amex stadium & sign in.
  • 10.45 - 10.55am -Tea / coffee in the Sky suite.
  • 11.00 – 11.45pm - Tour of Amex Stadium.
  • 11.45 – 12.00 – Loan of camera equipment & lenses.
  • 12.00 – 12.45 - Talk by BH Albion Pro Sports photographer & Training Manger Anthony Sinfield.
  • 1.00pm – Exit Sky suite to go to Media suite – sign in & collect bibs & stalls.
  • 1.15pm – Meal before the game & check camera settings.
  • 2.15pm – Make our way down to the pitch.
  • 2.15pm – 2.25pm – Set up in designated photographers enclose.
  • 2.30pm – Warm up / practice session.
  • 3.00pm – Match starts.
  • 3.45pm - Half Time, return to the media centre for tea / coffee and to review images.
  • 3.55pm – Return to pitch for 2nd half.
  • 4.00pm – Game continues.
  • 4.45pm – Game finishes.
  • 5.00pm - Return to media suite to return bibs & stools.
  • 5.20pm – Return to Sky suite to return loan equipment & light snack, courtesy of piglet pies & tea / coffee.
  • 6.00pm – Conclude.

If you would like to book a place on the course, please click here

Once again, if you have any questions, please join the thread, or contact our sales team via the Park Cameras website.

All The Best,

James - Park Cameras

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I attended the last course run by Park Cameras and it was superb. There was a chance to try out a range of lenses (Canon only, not Nikon), stadium tour was wonderful. The talks by [MENTION=4645]bha[/MENTION]Snappy about his career at the Albion, the role of the photographers, plus tips for shooting shots, invaluable. Also before the match started you go to the media area and get some food as well as a chance to talk to the journos attending the match (I regret to say Andy Naylor isn't very friendly).

The Football League are very sniffy about anyone taking photos at a match, so licences are rare. Sitting/crouching in the photography area by the North Stand does give you a different perspective of the match too.

The only downside was that the Albion were TOILET in the half they attacked the North stand, so didn't get as many pics as I would have liked. On the plus side I did call Jonny Williams a short ****** thunder**** when he wandered past to take a corner, which he wasn't expecting from the photo pit.

It's not cheap, but definitely worth it for anyone keen on sport photography.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm still amazed that Park Cameras and the club have got permission to run these days. The Premier/Football League are extremely tight with licenses for pros. Unless you work for a club or a photo agency, photographers have to work their way up from non-league and prove they've sold enough photos to media (and I mean sold, not given away).

Anyway, I attended the last event and agreed that it's a great day. It's not cheap, but it is a genuine EXPERIENCE.

Oh, and if you're lucky, you get to play with £10k worth of camera equipment. Sweet!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Would definitely go for this, were I still in the country! I've done most things I wanted to photography wise, but shooting pitch-side would be pretty amazing!

Enjoy, the lucky folk that attend!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I attended the last course run by Park Cameras and it was superb. There was a chance to try out a range of lenses (Canon only, not Nikon), stadium tour was wonderful. The talks by [MENTION=4645]bha[/MENTION]Snappy about his career at the Albion, the role of the photographers, plus tips for shooting shots, invaluable. Also before the match started you go to the media area and get some food as well as a chance to talk to the journos attending the match (I regret to say Andy Naylor isn't very friendly).

The Football League are very sniffy about anyone taking photos at a match, so licences are rare. Sitting/crouching in the photography area by the North Stand does give you a different perspective of the match too.

The only downside was that the Albion were TOILET in the half they attacked the North stand, so didn't get as many pics as I would have liked. On the plus side I did call Jonny Williams a short ****** thunder**** when he wandered past to take a corner, which he wasn't expecting from the photo pit.

It's not cheap, but definitely worth it for anyone keen on sport photography.

Fancy popping your best one up here then? Surely the best ad for this (amazing-sounding) deal is proof of the pudding? :)

Edit: or should that be something about 'show us the pudding you ate'? Or something...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fancy popping your best one up here then? Surely the best ad for this (amazing-sounding) deal is proof of the pudding? :)

I'm in Frankfurt at present stuck in an electrical storm at the airport which have cancelled all flights home. However [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] has some great shots!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We're not supposed to publish them publically, but here are some small files...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There's something in it for Canon too, as I bought the 300mm F2.8 IS II after using a loan version at the match

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Looks a great day. Can't do this one, but maybe around Christmas time when I'm back in England and you have this running again I will

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I am desperate to do this but the thought of going 7 & 1/2 hours stuck in the stadium without sampling some nicotine :smokin: puts me off.

Damn habits :tantrum:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here