Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
IF it was a complete accident, you'd think that Hemed would have offered some sort of appology as he walked away ? A simply raised hand or something. That's what makes me think he realised what he was doing ... (or am I being too naive?)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Clearly knowone remembers having syblings and fighting with him, I was the master of the stamp without looking, making my brother look like he was making a fuss over nothing. The more I watch it, the more I feel he meant it, granted from the front there doesnt look much in it, but from behind its clear in my opinion.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I appreciate why these panels must remain anonymous, but it really does give them free reign to make cowardly decisions that they know they'll never be held accountable for.

Its interesting that both of the very senior ex-referees who have written about it in the media have decided that intent is NOT clear, yet their three nameless colleagues, faced with the same evidence, are able to be absolutely sure.

Why are they anonymous? I mean, the ref isn't anonymous on the pitch. The judge presiding over the murder trial isn't anonymous. Seems odd to me.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I appreciate why these panels must remain anonymous, but it really does give them free reign to make cowardly decisions that they know they'll never be held accountable for.

Its interesting that both of the very senior ex-referees who have written about it in the media have decided that intent is NOT clear, yet their three nameless colleagues, faced with the same evidence, are able to be absolutely sure.

Agreed. I find it very odd that the FA are jumping on this incident when so many others go by unpunished. I do sometimes feel that the smaller clubs in the league get punished when bigger ones don't. If Hemed played for Manchester United or Chelsea, I doubt he'd have been charged.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Plenty of reasons I reckon.

Solidarity with the player who is adamant he didn't do it? Show the premier league we're no pushovers at this level? Tell the fans we're not afraid? Develop a 'hard-done by' narrative? Desperation because we haven't got any other strikers? Deflect our lack of strikers problem from the recruitment team to the FA?

take your pick... :)

I'm kind of with you. But unless we're taking new evidence to the appeal (and I'm not sure what that might be.....sniper! lost contact lens?) it's a bit futile.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
IF it was a complete accident, you'd think that Hemed would have offered some sort of appology as he walked away ? A simply raised hand or something. That's what makes me think he realised what he was doing ... (or am I being too naive?)

I think you're right. I would think if you accidentally tread on someone, you'd be aware that you had and I would have thought you would have at least looked in that person's direction, almost instinctively. But after he stands on him he walks off and doesn't even look to see what he trod on.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Finding this extraordinary that 3 refs can reach the same conclusion.

[video]https://www.clippituser.tv/c/rvalaa[/video]

It's clear that two things are happening. In the first second of video you can see Yedlin moving his left leg towards the space where Hemed's foot will have to come down.

At 6 seconds you can see that Yedlin's movement in towards Hemed's right leg forces him off balance which means he has to fall forwards.

He's landed on Yedlin's leg, but it's accidental.

Send the club a copy of that so they can use it in the appeal!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I really don't see how people can think it's unfair he will be banned. I was watching it on TV and as soon as I saw the replay I thought "Oh shit, that's him for the next 3 games". No too dissimilar to Shelvey last month.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Rafa says it was deliberate, the FA love Rafa, 3 match ban upheld, end of.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Is it three refs or the same panel as for diving offences?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/dixon-mcleish-and-murphy-among-fa-diving-review-panel

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No no, don't get me wrong. We should absolutely appeal it even if it's just to waste the useless FA's time.
Well no, we shouldn't do that as that would be 'frivolous' and the ban would be extended. Luckily there are better reasons :)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Does there have to be intent in order for it to be a red card offence? I've spent too much time debating this to waste even more researching the nuances of that.

Intent is the most useless part of football laws. Intent cannot be proved either way on a football pitch. Handball is only an offence if 'deliberate' - the only person who knows that is the payer him or herself. It tends to be given if the ref considers the payer makes insufficent effort not to handball, but that also is a judgment call. Use the same argument here: did Hemed make enough effort not to stamp on Yedlin's leg? Probably not IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rafa says it was deliberate, the FA love Rafa, 3 match ban upheld, end of.
Rafa has appealed to the FA that there was a push just before the goal, and they have agreed to look at that incident too and overturn the result. Rafa argues that had our goal been disallowed, his side would have gone on to win. Brighton are hopeful that the FA score the result as a draw.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Rafa has appealed to the FA that there was a push just before the goal, and they have agreed to look at that incident too and overturn the result. Rafa argues that had our goal been disallowed, his side would have gone on to win. Brighton are hopeful that the FA score the result as a draw.

I think the FA should award all 3 points to Rafa and we should hand over Solly March for free. Seems only fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here