Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Valencia

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What seemed to define a 'good fan' was the height of your pistachio shells pile when you left at the end of the match! Seriously, they can get through a lot of nuts during a game. :lolol:

It’s usually sunflower seeds that Spaniards munch during football and they do leave huge mounds of shells on the floor.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No drinking in the stands in Spain. Not even on the concourse in any of the grounds I've been to.

Same as the few different ground shows I’ve been to but they did sell cerveza sin, alcohol free lager, which is usually served very cold so tastes ok. Also there are usually bars just outside the stadium.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
We spent 10 days in Valencia and never felt threatened or unsafe at any point...

A lovely City, you must hire a bike from the El Came area and cycle down the turia riverbed gardens, absolutley brilliant fun, you get to pass and I recommend the Oceanografic & City of the Arts and Sciences if you have time. You can cycle all the way down to the Playa de la Malvarrosa takes about a leisurely 40mins, the beach has some great restaurants and beach that is lovely considering it is so near the port.

I clearly stated I didn’t feel unsafe......I also said Valencia was excellent to cycle around, did you actually read my post?

It was the staff in our Hotel (Las Arenas) that advised us to be careful up on the North Beach and other residents that spoke about muggings etc. up that way.

I was dubious myself having been to Valencia a few years ago, however what we saw up there was a lot of Herberts not being that discreet dealing drugs. It did not look or feel like other parts of central Valencia and so I could accept that the advice and anecdotes had merit.

I don’t think Spain is any worse than the U.K. with our acid in the face and disembowelling epidemic, however they clearly have their own problems. Ask Harry Redknapp.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Same as the few different ground shows I’ve been to but they did sell cerveza sin, alcohol free lager, which is usually served very cold so tastes ok. Also there are usually bars just outside the stadium.

A few years ago I watched Spain v Ukraine in Seville. There was a group of Ukrainian lads sitting near us necking beer after beer. I'm sure they didn't realise it alcohol-free.

Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
A few years ago I watched Spain v Ukraine in Seville. There was a group of Ukrainian lads sitting near us necking beer after beer. I'm sure they didn't realise it alcohol-free.
I had a dodgy tasting can of Sagres at Braga a few years ago. Suddenly became very obvious why no-one else was drinking one. :lolol:

Agree with most the recommendations for Valencia - of the more touristy things I did the Mestalla Forever tour along with the City of Arts & Science and had a great time. Food-wise, once you've tried the paella there are some great Pintxo bars in the more studenty districts that are worth seeking out too.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Agree with most the recommendations for Valencia - of the more touristy things I did the Mestalla Forever tour along with the City of Arts & Science and had a great time. Food-wise, once you've tried the paella there are some great Pintxo bars in the more studenty districts that are worth seeking out too.

I believe the Valencians claim that they invented Paella and I've certainly had some good ones there.
The Old Town has some great restaurants.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here