Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Let's be honest, with Palace Man Southgate as England boss, Goldson has more of a chance of playing for England than Dunk does.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Dunk is quite a way down the pecking order as far as England centre backs are concerned, and he is a far superior player to Goldson.

England squads famously being picked based on ability rather than hype

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Goldson having a shocker today

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Entertaining game by virtue of the lack of ability to pass the ball. Its League 2 standard at best, kick and rush and Scottish standard goalkeeping.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be honest, a combination of the emergence of Duffy stepping up in the absence of Dunk and Balogan's performances make me think that CH *might* have known what he was doing allowing Goldson to leave. Don't get me wrong, Connor was good for the Albion when called upon, but what we have now are a cut above. Dodgy conditions in that game, but looks like he had a bit of a shocker!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To be honest, a combination of the emergence of Duffy stepping up in the absence of Dunk and Balogan's performances make me think that CH *might* have known what he was doing allowing Goldson to leave. Don't get me wrong, Connor was good for the Albion when called upon, but what we have now are a cut above. Dodgy conditions in that game, but looks like he had a bit of a shocker!

He did appear to have a poor game, but lets face it Lewis Dunk was a poor Lukaku finish away from making a mistake that would have led to a goal against Utd. Fine line for most defenders and along with goalkeepers their big mistakes tend to lead to a goal more often than not. Midfielders and strikers are less exposed.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

Duffy has been amazing (the odd game aside) for 2 years for us.
I don't get this myth that he has just emerged in the last 2 games!
He was bought as an improvement on Goldson and helped us get promoted and helped us stay in the Premier league - yet a few good games in a poor league and people were talking about Goldson as though he would have been the next Messiah if he stayed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ex- Glasgow Rangers manager Mark Warburton was interviewed on TS this lunchtime and said that Goldson was a great signing. He explained that when he was at Nottingham Forest, theyidentified Goldson as PL class and tried to sign him, but it wasn’t to be.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Oh dear - Goldson own goal for Rangers against Spartak

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'It's a huge error from Goldson'
Spartak Moscow 2-2 Rangers

Steven Thompson
Former Scotland striker on BBC Sportsound

Quote Message: Only Connor Goldson will know why he went with his right foot for this, it's inexplicable. He slashes it straight into the goal. It's horrendous defending, it's a horrendous own goal. He's got to go with his left foot, it's a huge error.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here