Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petrol Prices

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
For your comparison sake I paid 1.07 euros a litre for diesel in Antequera today. Equivalent of 85p a litre. So still some way to go for you. And Andalucia has some of the highest pump prices in Spain.

That's good but it cost me a bit to get to Spain to Fill up:whistle::thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The sharp fall in prices seems to be leading to a problem in some production countries. I guess one man's plenty is another man's poverty. Legacy of the world economics.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For your comparison sake I paid 1.07 euros a litre for diesel in Antequera today. Equivalent of 85p a litre. So still some way to go for you. And Andalucia has some of the highest pump prices in Spain.

Diesel is always cheaper in France than here, but it used to be the other way around.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The price of diesel was always cheaper than petrol in the uk until many had bought diesel cars, a few years ago, then the tax and price went up and has never fallen,

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
On a political note, do you think the oil price has been deliberately lowered/manipulated by the west to **** up the Russian economy?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
On a political note, do you think the oil price has been deliberately lowered/manipulated by the west to **** up the Russian economy?

A little, but also the Saudi's making a point to USA and Russia that the onus is on all producing countries to lower production if they want higher oil prices, rather than just a few in OPEC. The stance of Saudi Arabia is scr*wing some OPEC members (Nigeria, venezuela etc) whos economies are more fragile and require a higher oil price.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A little, but also the Saudi's making a point to USA and Russia that the onus is on all producing countries to lower production if they want higher oil prices, rather than just a few in OPEC. The stance of Saudi Arabia is scr*wing some OPEC members (Nigeria, venezuela etc) whos economies are more fragile and require a higher oil price.

Including Iran, who they love to stitch up if they can.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Petrol price now down To £114.9 at the Shell and Texaco in Haywards Heath

Was down to £1.10.9 at the BP garage on Ditchling Road crimbo eve.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Still wish I was back in the States.

20090717_Murphys_Express_12.jpg

That price is per gallons. It translates to £.359/liter.

You can fill a 50 liter tank for £18.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Petrol still coming down update your local petrol station prices on web site on second posters comments thank you

The sharp fall in prices seems to be leading to a problem in some production countries. I guess one man's plenty is another man's poverty. Legacy of the world economics.
In the long run, it makes no difference, if basic economics are allowed to rule.

When fuel prices fall, the rational thing to do is to take hard-to-reach sources out of production. Deep wells in the rougher parts of the North Sea would be an example. If this leads to a serious reduction in global oil supplies, prices will go up again and it once again becomes sensible to target hard-to-reach supplies.

One effect of the current collapse in world oil prices will be that the UK's reserves of North Sea oil should last for significantly longer than previously predicted. Not a bad thing, provided you accept that fossil fuel use will last until fossil fuels run out. If, for environmental reasons, alternative fuels are foisted into the economy and fossil fuels effectively get banned, things are very different of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here