Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Who has nt had that point in a long run when they’ve needed a pickled gherkin?

Also known as ‘hitting the wall-y’

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Do many "slow" runners do Phoenix 10k?

Edit: ignore, didn't mean to post this, after typing I realised i could just Google the results!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I ran the first half with [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] and [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] last year, so the answer is yes. :lolol::lolol:

My friend's wife ran it in over an hour and was nowhere near last.

Think of the advantage of catching the front runners at the Bar in the Brunswick.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Only 64 spots from 500 remaining at the Brighton Phoenix so anyone wanting to enter I'd get an entry in, within the next 7 days, otherwise I'd imagine it will sell out.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Only 64 spots from 500 remaining at the Brighton Phoenix so anyone wanting to enter I'd get an entry in, within the next 7 days, otherwise I'd imagine it will sell out.
Was waiting to book as its around WC semi final time, but decided England wont make it that far so have booked up.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I ran the first half with [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] and [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] last year, so the answer is yes. :lolol::lolol:

Thats the last time I am being your pace runner! Saying that I couldnt keep up with you on Sunday in Worthing!!! Think the Phoenix 10k is probably the best quality race I have run in.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
THE WEAKEST LINK RELAY is now 12 days away.
I'm as busy as **** which is very rare. So no messing this year. Anyone wanting to get in the Super Egos NSC top team of super posers need to get a qualifying time. Be good to get the fast boys together and win the fun event.
Everyone running will need to confirm Sunday week for me to get an idea of number of teams. Not turning up will screw up the teams.
Times are not important. If you want to run, let us know. Be good to get more teams than 3 this year.

So confirmation Sunday week, I don't have time to chase up the list and you'll go on the reserve list if you turn up without a confirmation.

Regards Knocky

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
THE WEAKEST LINK RELAY is now 12 days away.
I'm as busy as **** which is very rare. So no messing this year. Anyone wanting to get in the Super Egos NSC top team of super posers need to get a qualifying time. Be good to get the fast boys together and win the fun event.
Everyone running will need to confirm Sunday week for me to get an idea of number of teams. Not turning up will screw up the teams.
Times are not important. If you want to run, let us know. Be good to get more teams than 3 this year.

So confirmation Sunday week, I don't have time to chase up the list and you'll go on the waiting list.

Regards Knocky

Available, if selected.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sounds good, I’m in. I was planning on working up to a top speed parkrun next Saturday anyway so I’ll put that forward as my qualifying time.

Edit: I didn’t mean that to sound like I want to try and qualify for that top team. I’d rather not as then I’d be letting down three good people. So hopefully at least four faster people than me sign up and I’ll slot nicely into Team 2 or 3.

Cut the crap. The Super Egos think only of themselves and expect the same from their team mates. You need to get in there, show them who is boss and hope you run the first leg.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Bearing in mind we know two of them are going to be [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION], I’m fairly sure I have nothing that will show them who’s boss!! The ideal outcome here is for four of the super fast guys to sign up, meaning I can take it easy as a stronger member of Team 2. The prospect of being the weakest man in a team and having to break my back trying not to cost them too much time on the group leg is not how I envisage a pleasant Wednesday evening going.

Give them the finger and enjoy boasting to the old, lame and slow runners in the NSC teams below you.:lol:

You'll be able to run close to man 4, in leg 5 if your man 1. If not man 4 did not run his 2.5K fast enough. It all evens out at any pace.

It's great fun.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I might have a pop at a sub-19 time tomorrow, depending on what time I get up. I'm targeting Worthing because I know of a lady who will be there dressed as a nurse, I'm sure there will be lots of them because it's the 70th anniversary of the NHS event - but I'm keen to see this one nurse in particular!

I doubt I'll be up in time though, so instead it'll be a late arrival somewhere, probably.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bearing in mind we know two of them are going to be [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION], I’m fairly sure I have nothing that will show them who’s boss!! The ideal outcome here is for four of the super fast guys to sign up, meaning I can take it easy as a stronger member of Team 2. The prospect of being the weakest man in a team and having to break my back trying not to cost them too much time on the group leg is not how I envisage a pleasant Wednesday evening going.
You’re a turd and almost unable to pull a women because of your spotty appearance and obvious meanness. Another lonely night son.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
In for weakest link.

Mrs simgull is Run director at Hove Park tomorrow, so no messing around and talking during the announcements and no being late @ninja

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
No parkrun for me tomorrow as I'm on duty to take Littlest Orange to her swimming lesson. A shame really as I've started to get my running mojo back and have got some pace in my legs again having done 8 miles in sub-7's.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here