Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will replace Dunk next season?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So you start off by saying his father said it, but now it's the builders that said his father said it. The further away from the source, the less likely the truth of it.

I was in Baghdad when he was in....

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Seeing as it’s the worst kept secret in Brighton at the moment, who do we think will replace our Liverpool heading CB. Goldson for me should be given the chance.

Nonsense. Joe Gomez and VVD will be Liverpool's CB pairing next season. Dunk will stay where he is.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
If Liverpool paid 70m big ones for Virgin Van Dyke, then I'd be shocked if we let Dunk go for less than 50m.... and I'd take that!

If we could stay up this season and add 50m to our transfer budget that would be like winning the lottery. Goldson whilst not as good as Dunk, would be an adequate replacement I think.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
If Liverpool paid 70m big ones for Virgin Van Dyke, then I'd be shocked if we let Dunk go for less than 50m.... and I'd take that!

If we could stay up this season and add 50m to our transfer budget that would be like winning the lottery. Goldson whilst not as good as Dunk, would be an adequate replacement I think.
Agree, CG has great potential but not quite good as Dunky. Is the BFG defo going back to the Homeland this summer? Every time he's played he's never let us down.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
His old old man is happy to tell anyone who will listen that he is off to Liverpool, as good as a done deal apparently.

He'll be reluctant to disclose anything further if you over-emphasize his age.

Exactly how old is he?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Tomori would be a great addition to the squad. I wouldn't want to lose Dunk but I cannot see him staying as a 1 man club so am content with him moving on eventually

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If he went to Liverpool the book would be between him getting an England call up in the first or second squad after the season starts

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Yep

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not believe that Dunk will go to Liverpool because as has been said they will have Gomez and VVD as CBs next season. If he does go IMHO, he will go to Arsenal or Chelsea or possibly Spurs if Man U buy Alderwerild as has been suggested. Talk of £30m plus is IMHO way above his value as shown by his omission from the England squad as obviously he is not as highly rated outside of our circles as we think.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I do not believe that Dunk will go to Liverpool as has been said they will have Gomez and VVD as CBs next season. If he does go IMHO, he will go to Arsenal or Chelsea or possibly Spurs if Man U buy Alderwerild as has been suggested. Talk of £30m plus is IMHO way above his value as shown by his omission from the England squad as obviously he is not as highly rated outside of our circles as we think.

He is extremely highly rated elsewhere. Just not by the ex-Palace tosspot managing England

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is extremely highly rated elsewhere. Just not by the ex-Palace tosspot managing England

English centre back, 26 years old, top 10 in most positional statistics while still in his debut Premier League season.
If £30m is way over value I guess BG will sell for £15m :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I do not believe that Dunk will go to Liverpool because as has been said they will have Gomez and VVD as CBs next season. If he does go IMHO, he will go to Arsenal or Chelsea or possibly Spurs if Man U buy Alderwerild as has been suggested. Talk of £30m plus is IMHO way above his value as shown by his omission from the England squad as obviously he is not as highly rated outside of our circles as we think.

Matip's better than Gomez anyway, who's young and still prone to plenty of mistakes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club will obviously take a high offer but none of us on here know what that high offer is. They may say VVD went for £75m and Keane for £30m so we want similar or they may say we signed him as a lad so £15m is a good profit.so lets take it. We do not know what the attitude of TB and PB will be.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The builders told a bloke down the pub who told a taxi driver who told BG's local newsagent who told me. Good enough to be NAILED ON imo.
Is the newsagent in The Martlets, Burgess Hill ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
English centre back, 26 years old, top 10 in most positional statistics while still in his debut Premier League season.
If £30m is way over value I guess BG will sell for £15m :facepalm:

There are people whose views you can largely accept if not always respect. Then there are those whose views seem to veer wildly between quite sensible and wholly illogical and you can't quite put your finger on why.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Matip's better than Gomez anyway, who's young and still prone to plenty of mistakes.

You should compare them on Sqwaka, Matip is more error prone. IMO Gomez has far more potential. I would be amazed if he doesn't become a first choice CB for Liverpool and England.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here