Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Signed Up to Talk Talk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I signed up to them last week and will go live on 23rd August. I'll let you know how I get on

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I signed up to them last week and will go live on 23rd August. I'll let you know how I get on

Cheers - I'm hoping it'll all go smoothly. Just in process of changing from Npower to Ecotricity so hopefully that'll go well too with smart meters etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I left them after some number of years as there customer service was abysmal and have now gone completely with Vodafone who at the time were offering a deal, which has finished now , of £5 per month for broadband and landline with unlimited calls. I will see what happens when the deal ends in 2 years.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've got Talk Talk for internet and phone. The internet speed is passable but not very good and it keeps buffering even on non HD videos. Connectivity is ok so long as they don't get hacked again (if they do be prepared to loose all connectivity for at least a fortnight while they sort themselves out, and don't expect any meaningful compensation. Watch for your internet speed slowing down for no accountable reasons, until the web sites all time themselves out. That is highly irritating, and as people have said before Talk Talk's help lines are staffed by people whose first and possibly second and third languages are definitely not English. Be prepared to have to ask them to repeat everything s-l-ow-l-y, and to speak louder. Having said that when-ever I have eventually got through to them, they have (eventually) resolved the problem (whatever it was). It has been rumoured that they give you a fast speed to start but you get gradually downgraded on their servers until they are running the slowest speed that is acceptable/working (allegedly - no idea if this is correct but it might explain why my connectivity doesn't seem to be what it was) - which is when everything starts going pear shaped.

The range of their wireless routers is crap.

However they are reasonably cheap.

Their web site and webmail is stuffed full of adverts which also slow it down.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've just added a sim only contract on Virgin Media and it's been a nightmare - first sim didn't arrive for 10 days so got back on to them only for them to courier a second one to me which arrived next day hours after the first arrived. Since then I've had several calls from Virgin (Phillipines) trying to sell me something else. Also I keep getting junk mail from Virgin despite being an existing customer.

I thought perhaps it's time for a change after 4 years with the prices rising steadily and the chance to get the Premier League channel from Sky.

I still think I've done well as it stands but I'll reserve judgement until it's installed etc.

We all have different experiences I wish you well with what looks like an attractive deal!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Haha, you won't, because you won't have any internet access [emoji23][emoji23]

Practically, was with Talk Talk for a while and would sadly agree with most of the posts on here. If anything goes wrong (it will) they are a complete and utter shitshow. Their customer service is horrendous. At least Sky are very good at fixing things (new router delivered next day free of charge etc after remote testing)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I almost signed up to them the other day as their sports and cinema deal seemed great value.

Then I looked into it a bit more and it seems that those channels, among others, are provided via the internet. That put me right off. I don't want to pay for channels only to have the quality drop off a cliff if the internet slows down, and you can't record one of the internet channels while watching another.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Terrible company in all senses. Surely you must have a cooling off period you could use?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I had to deal,with Virgin Media recently and that was a nightmare.

Been with Virgin for years now. Things do go wrong and sometimes I get a staff member who is useless. Then, I just go through to customer services and ask them to get it sorted and they seem to be able to sort things out perfectly.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
As the OP is a very, very strange man (perchance on day release) - well, it couldn't have happended to a nicer bloke. One assumes his 'great' deal is based on his requirement to make only local calls, exclusively around the Brighton area, and watch content written, produced and directed in Brighton alone.

Kosh

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
As the OP is a very, very strange man (perchance on day release) - well, it couldn't have happended to a nicer bloke. One assumes his 'great' deal is based on his requirement to make only local calls, exclusively around the Brighton area, and watch content written, produced and directed in Brighton alone.

Kosh

How are things in Northumberland. My landline is a business number printed on my business cards used now for incoming only and as I've now just got mobile re-instated having had two Samsung mobiles stolen.

As far as your "jibe" is concerned it's you who is very strange for an adult resorting to using "hehe's" in your posts but you come across as deluded since IIRC you were putting me on ignore.

Please do that as it'll be easier on both. :thumbsup:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?354972-How-yer-feeling/page10

Yeah, pretty sure.

I'm also pretty sure you're very, very weird.

So; I'm adding you to the old ignore list.

Have fun Hun xxxx

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
How are things in Northumberland. My landline is a business number printed on my business cards and as I've now just got mobile re-instated having had two Samsung mobiles stolen.

As far as your "jibe" is concerned it's you who is very strange for an adult resorting to using "hehe's" in your posts but you come across as deluded since IIRC you were putting me on ignore.

Please do that as it'll be easier on both. :thumbsup"

WTF? You run a business?!? Ha! so; you're an eccentric millionaire... yeah... whatever.

God you're undeniably odd. Do you have someone who looks after you? I think 'computer' time should be over for today.

As for TalkTalk and you... totally deserving of each other.

I wish you both luck.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
WTF?

God you're undeniably odd. Do you have someone who looks after you? I think 'computer' time should be over for today.

I wish you both luck.

Please go away ****...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
WTF? You run a business?!? Ha! so; you're an eccentric millionaire... yeah... whatever.

I wish you both luck.

You're losing the plot pal. I run and own my own business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here