Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forresteri

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Maybe Hughton would have left a player up if we had one with pace and quality on the ball? Just a thought.

I think Chris put that thought to bed at the fans forum. He likes all players back to defend corners and free kicks.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
How so, none of the strikers saw the ball, so what would he have done differently?

I don't mean to be condescending, but it's quite obvious simply because a player of his type would have offered a different type of outlet.

A number of people around me said that having Baldock available would have helped, as he runs the line and drags defenders out of position.

Defenders hate pace, especially when a counter attacking team have the players in midfield and out wide that can play that killer through ball, this I think we have. Quick strikers can turn over good defenders and get in behind and City showed that yesterday.

I guess the best example of this was Michael Owen's goal against Argentina at the World Cup in 98.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't mean to be condescending, but it's quite obvious simply because a player of his type would have offered a different type of outlet.

A number of people around me said that having Baldock available would have helped, as he runs the line and drags defenders out of position.

Defenders hate pace, especially when a counter attacking team have the players in midfield and out wide that can play that killer through ball, this I think we have. Quick strikers can turn over good defenders and get in behind and City showed that yesterday.

I guess the best example of this was Michael Owen's goal against Argentina at the World Cup in 98.

I

So you're saying we should sign Michael Owen?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wonder how many of our previous signings have been heard about on the train on the way home etc.....

And there's your answer. None

Barber said on BT Sport that we're trying to do a big deal on a striker, so doubt it would be for a Wednesday sub

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't believe this for a moment. We now have two number 10's in Groß and Brown, what we need is an out and out striker which Forresteri is not. Also, it goes against our buying policy of looking in the European market. Move on.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Why do we keep repeating this nonsense regarding other teams players - I have said it multiple times before that the recruitment team will be looking further afield than Yorkshire!!!

I think with possible exception of Brown my assessment has so far been accurate.

Ay oop! If tha can't find it in Yarkshire it ain't worth bloody finding.......

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
How so, none of the strikers saw the ball, so what would he have done differently?
Other than a couple of balls over the top from Dunk the transition from defence to attack was so slow. We lacked pace and speed of thought.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Chris put that thought to bed at the fans forum. He likes all players back to defend corners and free kicks.

So a hoofed clearance, and there were a few yesterday, giving the opposition guaranteed possession to come again. I think that is going to piss me off very quickly this season because it just invites more pressure and the chances are we will concede at some point.

CH may be a god but I seriously question how sensible that choice of defending is, if we are always going to do it.

Maybe the guy at the forum questioning some of CH's tactics at this level had a point...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
is the answer...
No it isn't, really. Leaving a player up is not part of CH's philosophy - to my mind, that's his Achilles heel, but hey, he's doing a great job, so you'll get no complaints about him from me. Even if we keep losing (which I don't think we will).

Yep I think we would of done if we had one to do this role. Would of given city something to think about if we had a striker with pace who could get in behind them.
Don't think it was Hemed fault at times he was getting the ball 20 yards in his own half.
I rest my case...............

Oh, and no thanks to Forestieri - good player, but his star is on the wain, IMHO.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So a hoofed clearance, and there were a few yesterday, giving the opposition guaranteed possession to come again. I think that is going to piss me off very quickly this season because it just invites more pressure and the chances are we will concede at some point.

CH may be a god but I seriously question how sensible that choice of defending is, if we are always going to do it.

Maybe the guy at the forum questioning some of CH's tactics at this level had a point...

I agree, but as he said some coaches do it/believe in it just not him.

I recall Mourinho leaving two up on occasions, as defensively you should leave three back.

That said, we are quite fast on the break, so if we can break play up on the edge of our box, we can break, as we have done a few times in the last couple of seasons.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Rather have Tom Daley, same quality of diving but better looking.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here