Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When it suits them to, yes.
It may have been better to say we're interested and use Wood as a smoke screen. It's not like they're averse to lying when it suits them either.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'd prefer to see Tom Lawrence sign and he has now slipped further down the pecking order at Leicester now that they've signed Iheanacho - even if we get him on loan. His pace, work rate and eye for goal would be perfect for playing one up top or with him feeding off Murray or Hemed IMHO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could see a man who could be realistic target this afternoon if his wage demands were not to high. Torres. or is it not a realistic thought. Only saying could be as his transfer fee wouldnt be that high now I wouldnt think

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could see a man who could be realistic target this afternoon if his wage demands were not to high. Torres. or is it not a realistic thought. Only saying could be.

I really doubt he'd want to come to us having played for Liverpool and Chelsea and being back with a team like Athletico. Why would he even consider us?

The only reason would be for very very high wages which we don't do, hence we can't find a striker of quality who wants to play for us.

We will be left with a striker most of the Premier League have no interest in, even if we manage to tempt one before the window closes. The recruitment team are on a hiding to nothing finding the required quality of striker it seems.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really doubt he'd want to come to us having played for Liverpool and Chelsea and being back with a team like Athletico. Why would he even consider us?

The only reason would be for very very high wages which we don't do, hence we can't find a striker of quality who wants to play for us.

If I were you I'd be questioning your own thought process, long before Torres'. :lol: :wrong:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Could see a man who could be realistic target this afternoon if his wage demands were not to high. Torres. or is it not a realistic thought. Only saying could be as his transfer fee wouldnt be that high now I wouldnt think

Vietto will leave Atletico in January (my prediction).

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I personally agree with what Adam Virgo said on Twitter - Woods is too similar to Hemed and Murray.
We need a player that is going to stretch defences and can finish limited chances, whilst also having Prem experience.
That player: Danny Ings.
I personally feel we should go to Liverpool and negotiate a loan-to-buy for the season. This would protect us from buying a player who's coming back from two serious injuries. Plus Danny Ings gets to prove his fitness and form again.
£12 million should tempt The Reds into a deal. Doubtful Ings has a future at Liverpool especially now Solanke has has a good pre-season with them. Surely 4th/5th choice striker for them now.

I think Burnley would try to resurrect the successful Ings/Vokes partnership (45 goals in 2013/14) if Gray is sold to Wolves for the reported £20 million.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Not a chance in hell of him coming here, or indeed going anywhere else.

He's entirely happy to see out his career at his first club, the club he has supported for his whole life. Even if we exceeded whatever Atleti are paying him, he wouldn't come.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He might like 1 more go at the Premier at 33 years old and possibly not 1st choice at AM. Plus he was only offered and signed a new 1 year contract so his days are numbered.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I were you I'd be questioning your own thought process, long before Torres'. :lol: :wrong:

My thought process is that no ****er of any quality wants to come here as our star striker :down:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And Tammys premier league experience is what exactly?

I didn't say he had prem experience, I said he had prem quality. Chelsea obviously think he's class, he's less experienced than Wood but still outscored him last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My thought process is that no ****er of any quality wants to come here as our star striker :down:

I meant what possessed you to engage with such inane ramblings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here