Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One striker available for Sunday and we are Premier League? Indefensible imo but someone will be along to tell me it's all in hand :rolleyes:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
One striker available for Sunday and we are Premier League? Indefensible imo but someone will be along to tell me it's all in hand :rolleyes:

This.

If we get a striker this week, then great, but likely to start on the bench due to lack of preparation.

I guess looking positively it's two weeks until Leicester, a game where we could get something and we weren't bad last season...

4-6-0 anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

If we get a striker this week, then great, but likely to start on the bench due to lack of preparation.

I guess looking positively it's two weeks until Leicester, a game where we could get something and we weren't bad last season...

4-6-0 anyone?

Looking positively, tomorrow is just a friendly. Murray can't get injured, and will be rested before the season starts, when we will have two strikers available.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Most of the Premier League sides must be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing us. The squad looks so weak and unprepared it beggars belief. How the hell have we got ourselves into this position with all the funds at our disposal? There is a time and a place for bedwetting and I fear this has now arrived. Sadly, the euphoria of promotion has very quickly evaporated.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nurse - I need a change of sheets...

How any fan can think this is not a massive problem is beyond me. Even with all three strikers fit we are still very very light. Hopefully the club will spring a suprise and deliver a quality forward before the end of the transfer window.

Not really a bed wetter as I am actually expecting us to fail without a massive improvement in the forward line. If TB doesn't see fit to pay what it takes, so be it, I can live with that. It would just be a shame having struggled so much to get here :shrug:

But let's not pretend or kid ourselves that this squad is ready to stay up in the Premier League as it stands today.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Most of the Premier League sides must be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing us. The squad looks so weak and unprepared it beggars belief. How the hell have we got ourselves into this position with all the funds at our disposal? There is a time and a place for bedwetting and I fear this has now arrived. Sadly, the euphoria of promotion has very quickly evaporated.

Are you still going next Saturday Zeb ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Looking positively, tomorrow is just a friendly. Murray can't get injured, and will be rested before the season starts, when we will have two strikers available.

Yes, but I'd be happier if we had Baldock or just someone with a degree of mobility.

A Kodija type.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We're definitely weak up front which is a big worry but I think we'll be ok short term elsewhere on the pitch despite the need to still strengthen one or two positions. Defence is good with strong cover, midfield is adequate, and assuming Knocky is fit we're ok on the wings. We're not yet a big enough club to secure marquee/top signings who want to consider their options before signing. As the top half clubs complete their squads, there will be a mad scramble of players being bought all over the place towards the end of the window, including by us. Not at all ideal at all but we're not the only ones struggling to strengthen. Also think CH is very particular about who comes into the squad, and this, coupled with what appears to be some (possibly sensible) limitations on fees/wages imposed by the club, means the list of potential targets is probably much more limited than some other clubs (Harry Redknapp or Derby type approach of buying anyone who might suit for example and overpaying for mediocre players or those that simply don't fit).

That's how I read it anyway. Could be completely wrong of course and they have simply ****ed it up or not tried hard enough, but I can't believe that's the case.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Not sure how thinking we are cannon fodder for the league would stop any fan going...it's not like following the Albion has always been easy, we know what getting well beat feels like.

Hoping for a bounce next weekend after we derail City :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How any fan can think this is not a massive problem is beyond me.
I can think of one.
Even with all three strikers fit we are still very very light. Hopefully the club will spring a suprise and deliver a quality forward before the end of the transfer window.
It won't be a surprise, it will happen, the club will buy a 'knock your socks off striker' at some point this month.
But yes you're right, even then with Baldock's history and the inevitable injury to hopefully just one of the others, the squad will still be very light up top.

Not really a bed wetter as I am actually expecting us to fail without a massive improvement in the forward line. If TB doesn't see fit to pay what it takes, so be it, I can live with that. It would just be a shame having struggled so much to get here :shrug:
Yep, I'm more surprised by this after 'Boro last season.
They've now spent £40m in an attempt to get back to the Premier League, whereas if they'd spent £20m last season they'd still be there.
I'd hate for the Albion to get to a point in January, where they think overpaying for the next Patrick Bamford is the answer.

Last edited:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
With a week to go until the first game I am not sure anyone with concerns over the current status of the squad deserved to be labelled bedwetter. We are light in key areas and I didn't expect this to be the case this window. Do I think we would struggle if things don't change then yes, but like most with these concerns I will still support the club to the best of my ability and will try to enjoy every minute. I hope things change between now and the end of the window but we will see I guess.

N

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Yep. And I'll always follow the club no matter what happens on the pitch. I won't pretend, however, that I'm anything other than crushingly disappointed by the club's preparations for the coming season. I thought we would at least try to be competitive but it looks as if we may be giving up on the idea of strengthening the team before the season has even started, which saddens me greatly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yep. And I'll always follow the club no matter weekday happens on the pitch. I won't pretend, however, that I'm anything other than crushingly disappointed by the club's preparations for the coming season. I thought we would at least try to be competitive but it looks as if we may be giving up on the idea of strengthening the team before the season has even started which saddens me.

You still think we are going to make some big signings that strengthen the squad before the window shuts though right ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here