Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compare the two situations

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What the hell have these two things got to do with each other!? This is just utter utter nonsense.
Are you saying that because OJ Simpson got off doing that murder that we should allow racist remarks by an MP? Or that because someone got away with something bad we all should?
I mean....what are you on!?

Perfect reply. The OP has written something that comes right of of the Breitbart bible for making bad seem good. Here is another one for you:

Jimmy Savile gave pleasure to millions, and I'm not saying what he did was right, but compare him with Lord Longford who spent half his life trying to get child torturer and murderer, Myra Hindley relased.

The message, as with that of the OP, is the latter makes the former OK.

And then we have a complete and utter clown later claiming that '******' is a great word to teach a kid in a nursery rhyme. Clearly too thick to undrstand the concpt of shame. Both of them. :wrong::facepalm:

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Perfect reply. The OP has written something that comes right of of the Breitbart bible for making bad seem good. Here is another one for you:

Jimmy Savile gave pleasure to millions, and I'm not saying what he did was right, but compare him with Lord Longford who spent half his life trying to get child torturer and murderer, Myra Hindley relased.

The message, as with that of the OP, is the latter makes the former OK.

And then we have a complete and utter clown later claiming that '******' is a great word to teach a kid in a nursery rhyme. Clearly too thick to undrstand the concpt of shame. Both of them. :wrong::facepalm:

Explain?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Why would I be? Genuine question, my great nan taught me it when I was a lad and now I have passed it on to my son, words never hurt anyone and I'm pretty sure it's a nursery rhyme anyway.

If you're not on a wind up, I strongly suggest you teach your son an alternative version asap.

Perhaps, catch a Tigger by his toe. That's what I learnt back in the 80s.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why would I be? Genuine question, my great nan taught me it when I was a lad and now I have passed it on to my son, words never hurt anyone and I'm pretty sure it's a nursery rhyme anyway.

My great nan also used to throw that word around. Doesn't mean it's fine to use it today.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
If you really have just tought (sic) your 4 year old that rhyme you are clearly one of two things a: stupid b: a Tory MP!

Just not offended by words, paki, ****** etc etc are just words, going to the paki shop, catch a ****** by his toe. All just terms for people for either Pakistan or Nigeria.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just not offended by words, paki, ****** etc etc are just words, going to the paki shop, catch a ****** by his toe. All just terms for people for either Pakistan or Nigeria.

It's one thing to think that yourself but passing it on to your son is going to cause him a lot of problems down the line. For his sake you might want to reassess.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

But it is not about whether you are offended as I am guessing you are from neither Pakistan or Nigeria.
To say that words have no ability to offend or create any emotion is bizarre.
If that were the case then why bother reading any books etc.

I work with adults with a variety of disabilities - derogatory/ offensive words about disability I feel demonstrate a lack of understanding or awareness. Same can be said for offensive words associated with race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I know it's a bit of an old chestnut, but, why are some people allowed to say the 'n' word without criticism and others are castigated to the 'n'th degree. Reginald D Hunter for example uses it constantly in his act. (and a very good show it is too), I'm sure I've heard it in songs as well.

Just curious, no axe to grind.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I know it's a bit of an old chestnut, but, why are some people allowed to say the 'n' word without criticism and others are castigated to the 'n'th degree. Reginald D Hunter for example uses it constantly in his act. (and a very good show it is too), I'm sure I've heard it in songs as well.

I read a thing once which said black people use it as an act of defiance, or of reclamation, of gaining control of a word historically used for oppression and turning it on its head.

How true that is, I have no idea.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Your confusion is understood, the difference being comedians and musicians don't set themselves up as paragons of virtue like politicians do when they elect to put themselves in the public domain...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
But it is not about whether you are offended as I am guessing you are from neither Pakistan or Nigeria.
To say that words have no ability to offend or create any emotion is bizarre.
If that were the case then why bother reading any books etc.

I work with adults with a variety of disabilities - derogatory/ offensive words about disability I feel demonstrate a lack of understanding or awareness. Same can be said for offensive words associated with race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true, even the Spastic society changed their name as they realised how the word had become synonymous with a word used to offend.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
And not widely used by anyone with a modicum of intelligence or decency! You will be telling me WOG is ok too?

Can't say I've used it myself but would have no problem with others using it. Just words. Everything pretty much has a slang name. Too many victims about that WANT to be offended. I personally don't see anything wrong with racism anyway, if, say, I didn't want to give a job to a black person because of the colour of their skin then that's my prerogative. Too much is made of racism these days.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Can't say I've used it myself but would have no problem with others using it. Just words. Everything pretty much has a slang name. Too many victims about that WANT to be offended. I personally don't see anything wrong with racism anyway, if, say, I didn't want to give a job to a black person because of the colour of their skin then that's my prerogative. Too much is made of racism these days.

OMG - I take it this is a joke, right? If not please crawl back to the era of Love Thy Neighbour that you clearly belong to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here