Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the Albion offer an away season ticket next year, would you buy one?

Would you buy an Albion away season ticket for the Premier League?

• Yes - I want to get to every away game

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Yes - I would to ensure I could get to the big games even if I have unused tickets for others

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 53.1%

• Total voters

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
not being a season ticket holder this year, i'd be more inclined to buy one for away games than home.

i'm beginning to come to terms with the fact it's going to be very difficult to see the albion next year. :down:

Indeed. I'm coming to terms with the fact I'll need to speak with my ST holding PL supporting mates to see if they can get me a ticket in the home end!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It may have been something that I would have been quite interested in but the big question about this, which would probably stop me signing up, would be work and whether I would be able to get the time off to be able to actually attend the matches (especially if moved around 5 weeks before the fixture to a midweek date for tv coverage)

Therefore there are probably too many variables involved for me to be able to go for it and I will just have to rely on the LP scheme instead and hope that I am able to get tickets for games that way whilst running the risk of missing out on the games that I really wanted to go to (like Stoke away as a new ground for me, I've done their old one)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It may have been something that I would have been quite interested in but the big question about this, which would probably stop me signing up, would be work and whether I would be able to get the time off to be able to actually attend the matches (especially if moved around 5 weeks before the fixture to a midweek date for tv coverage)

Therefore there are probably too many variables involved for me to be able to go for it and I will just have to rely on the LP scheme instead and hope that I am able to get tickets for games that way whilst running the risk of missing out on the games that I really wanted to go to (like Stoke away as a new ground for me, I've done their old one)

You'll probably be fine for Stoke, as many ticked it off in the Cup five years back.

Battipiedi in centre midfield.

#MenAgainstBoys

#shudder

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would get one and if I could not make the game I would be happy to give the ticket away to someone who will use it.

Isn't this precisely what the club are threatening to prevent though by having inspections at away games?

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
69 replies so far and only 1 person has mentioned that if this was brought in, and if Bournemouth stay in the Prem, then this scheme would only be able to have a maximum of about 1,100 members as that is all the tickets we will receive for that game - being 10% of certified ground capacity.
It could be a good idea if the club becomes really established in the Premier League and all away games are constantly sold out no matter when the kick off is, but until such time the current system seems OK, albeit with a few minor tweaks maybe to the points thresholds.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
These /\/\/\/\ are exactly why this would be a TERRIBLE idea. Its going to be bad enough next year that there will only be 3,000 seats for away fans, without a couple of hundred sitting empty at half the games.

For a fan who attends most (if not all) away games and doesn't live in Sussex, it could be a great idea. It obviously doesn't affect me now, but when I was in the UK I lived in Burnley, Brierley Hill and Warwickshire/Leicestershire at different times; it wouldn't be unusual for me to see as many (if not more) away games as home games in a season. If there had been such a scheme 15-20 years ago I would have given it serious thought (particularly if it guaranteed a ticket - or opportunity to secure a ticket - for an attractive and potentially over-subscribed away league or cup fixture). I'd have been pretty cheesed-off to have attended 15 games at the likes of Halifax, Darlington and Hartlepool (some of them evening games) only to miss out on a late-season Saturday afternoon fixture at Brentford, say, when suddenly everyone remembers they're an Albion fan. I understand the principal that "loyalty" is defined in financial terms (ie those that can afford either 1901 membership or a home season ticket), but if a fan is committed enough to attend the majority of away fixtures then they should have the opportunity to attend ALL away fixtures.

Whilst I understand the point you are making, I can't believe there are THAT many fans who are rich enough to fork out for an away season ticket but will only attend a handful of (London-based) games.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
YES YES YES.
I was discussing this with some guys on the coach back from Norwich. Seagulls Travel done an 'all away matches' ticket I believe. BHA also had a 'gold' ST with priority for away games.
I said that the cost would be about £570 for the games and a bit more for the coach. I can afford £1300 up front so would be straight in, but is that fair to the fan who has a ST and goes to as many away games as he/she can afford?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I do my fair share of away days but could in no way commit to an away season ticket on top of a home season ticket for a multitude of reasons. I hate the idea of a more wealthy fan buying an away season ticket to secure their seat for big games simply because they can afford to, and then seeing that ticket go to waste for the other less glamorous games.

The system works how it is and I don't see an issue with selling away tickets on a match-by-match basis, those who deserve to get tickets to the big away days will.

I could not have put it any better.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Really interesting this thread as have been having the same chats. I'm on 1097 so no chance for next season.... but would happily pay a 'loyalty fee' so I can get to some away games

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'd get one whatever season and division we were in. Does take away the excitement of tickets arriving in the post though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm intending to go to every away game (loyalty points permitting) so it would be tempting. My main personal concerns though would be one, always getting the worst seats, and two, sometimes I go with my Dad, sometimes my brother, sometimes a mate, is the possibility/hassle of working out a way to ensure my ticket is with the person I'm going with (assuming they have enough points).

I ticked that I would buy one but I don't have an issue with the club not offering them. I'm fairly confident I'll have enough loyalty points for the majority of games (Bournemouth will be tricky) so I'm not overly worried about missing out on the big games and I'm not really sure what advantage there is other than not having to be online to buy one at the right time. The only people it really advantages are those with deep pockets who are worried they might miss out on Chelsea away etc? Mind you it is a bit annoying that those in 1901 get 100 points just for spending more on their home ticket. After this season's loyalty points are halved you'd have to have been to 20 away games (if you ignore home cup points) just to be level. Wouldn't mind a few of the duller away trips to begin with!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here