Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just stating the bleeding obvious! Anyone fancy a charity bet for REMF.

The more people put their head in the sand over this sort of thing and not deal with it properly the longer it will go on and get worse.

Cool. So how are you "dealing with it"?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The more people put their head in the sand over this sort of thing and not deal with it properly the longer it will go on and get worse.

And now you're making it worse by having a gamble over it, albeit for a charity.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

When the fun stops, stop.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
they do a lot of exercises, though there were notably a number of police around on the tube this morning.

I was at kings Cross Station last week, and I've never seen so many armed coppers (x5) and sniffer dogs (x2) plus a couple of bobbies. Hi viz policing or tip off?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Exactly the same happened when that truck ploughed into a crowd in Nice. I saw the news breaking on Twitter, and unfortunately saw some horrific video footage of the aftermath (no, I hadn't gone looking for it). Switched it off sharpish, but not before I'd caught sight of a truly sickening scene.

I don't know what kind of person could be surrounded by carnage like that and who's first instinct is not to help, but instead to think "I know. I'll fish my phone out, film some of this and post it online...."

Fvcking ghouls.

Bizarrely, in this case the video being widely circulated was filmed by Radoslaw Sikorksi, who has stated on Twitter that 'I give permission to everyone to use my short video of the Westminster Bridge incident'.

The man was a minister of foreign affairs under Donald Tusk in Poland and is a Senior Fellow at Harvard's Center for European Studies. Would have thought someone of that standing would show more discretion and respect.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Even as a wet leftie snowflake, Giraffe has got a point here. As soon as the story broke we probably all thought what was behind the attack, if that turns out to be true then let us not bury our heads in the sand. If it is a radical Islamic attack (yes, I have said it) then the issues within certain factions of the religion need to be tackled. In fact what will actually happen is people will spend more time and effort on facebook tonight defending Islam than condemning the attackers or giving their thoughts to the victims, now that is PROPER ****** up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Police say avoid whole area and that there will be large numbers of armed and unarmed officers around the city centre this evening. Palace of Westminster now being cleared. Ambulance service confirms at least 10 people treated on Westminster Bridge.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Even as a wet leftie snowflake, Giraffe has got a point here. As soon as the story broke we probably all thought what was behind the attack, if that turns out to be true then let us not bury our heads in the sand. If it is a radical Islamic attack (yes, I have said it) then the issues within certain factions of the religion need to be tackled. In fact what will actually happen is people will spend more time and effort on facebook tonight defending Islam than condemning the attackers or giving their thoughts to the victims, now that is PROPER ****** up.

Can we wait until it is confirmed one way or the other before jumping in?
When Jo Cox was murdered in Birstall, many were pointing the finger at Muslims to start off.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

A subtly different point to the one I inferred from Giraffe's post. Yes, if it turns out to be, let's not bury our head in the sands (though I don't think people are anyway). Giraffe's point, combined with previous posts, seems to be - don't bury your heads in the sand, clearly this was Islamic extremism motivated. Maybe I misinterpreted it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surely time for another ban. Oh right, he's a mod.

That's hardly helpful.

Still no one has said anything to back this up. Appalling comment when you have no evidence, and people are dead or seriously injured. As Notters said, a thread ban would be in order.

100% this.

And its the leftie reaction that makes people like Trump, Farage and more right wing views far more likely to gain support. Accept it for what it is, an Islam extremist attack on our democracy. Anyone making apologies for these views will have no sympathy from me and many others.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

So, you want to have a punt on the ethnicity of a man who has probably murdered at least one , and possibly more people while some of the casualties are fighting for their lives.
Why not a sweepstake on the number of dead or injured,might raise a few bob.

Jeez, have a word with yourself, mate!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Bizarrely, in this case the video being widely circulated was filmed by Radoslaw Sikorksi, who has stated on Twitter that 'I give permission to everyone to use my short video of the Westminster Bridge incident'.

The man was a minister of foreign affairs under Donald Tusk in Poland and is a Senior Fellow at Harvard's Center for European Studies. Would have thought someone of that standing would show more discretion and respect.

I see your point but the video he shot is in stark contrast in terms of graphic content to some of the ones circulating around after the Nice incident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here