Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 games left for Kazenga to save his BHA career

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
To me it seems KLL still needs more coaching to run into space. Because he is two footed he excelled when he played more centrally last season.

For the Under 23s he played on the right hand side. The camera followed the ball, but it looked like he played quite well to me. Too defensive or my liking.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Perhaps wrongly, always struck me as a player where fame went to his head and subsequently believed better than was. Great
shame because really likeable and talented. When we got him on loan at Withdean nobody in the third tier could touch him. The most exciting player we'd had since BZ. No question. Player you'd singularly come to watch.

That's the trouble with skillful wingers. They know they are technically better than other players, but there is more to football than technical ability.

Another trouble with forward players is they get dispossessed more than the others. Stats and observation says he is no better or worse at losing possession, misplacing passses, shooting from too far out than any of the others, committing silly fouls, about the same. (Manu excepted who is worse.)

Last season Lualua got us 8 extra points almost on his own.

We have a new coach now, which is a good thing. Paul Trollope may be bale to bring out more of his skills?

All our wingers have got their faults and weaknesses. I don't think there is much to choose between them.

A defender finds it much harder to stop a winger who is two footed and has a bit of acceleration. Even more so if he runs into space.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like many others, very excited when he came here on loan. Even more thrilled when we actually signed him full time.

But that was when we were a (not very good) third division team. Since then, we've moved on. More than he has. We need to keep on improving our team and our squad; he does neither.
The lad's done well for himself - earned money way above what most of his contemporaries will have earned. A few seasons at a lower level (if he doesn't blow every last penny on Nando's) and he should be set for life. So, if a half decent offer comes in.................

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I see him a bit like Buckley - outstanding on his day, but just didn't produce enough days ....
We have stronger options now, time to say thanks and move on

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Selling Kaz for the sake of selling would be mental , he is still capable of turning games , any sort of injury to Murphy or Skalak would open the door and i doubt he would let anyone down , we need options and he is one , we have to be as strong in the depth of squad as we are in the starting 11 on matchday , Kaz gives our other wide players a reminder that if they stop performing he is there to step up to take their place , nobody is safe from being dropped if their form dips and that's a good indication of a successful team and a healthy squad , when he is on form he is unplayable , yep these instances have been curtailed by injury but i hope he stays , he has a part to play this season i think , of course this is only my opinion , but i'm right :D

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
With things as they are I wouldn't let anyone near the first team go anywhere. We need all hands. I can only see development players going out on loan.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
This forums obsession with us signing Lookman is getting a bit creepy.

No doubt he's a talent, but worth the £7,000,000 Charlton reportedly want for him?! Not to mention the fact half the Prem are looking at him and Charlton are trying to hold out for a loan-back clause? Jesus, the way some people go on about him on here you'd think he was Messi, not a kid with less than 50 league appearances

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
After five years of loyal service, our longest serving player, and Ankergren apart, our last link with Withdean, you use derogatory terms like get rid? That's more than harsh.

Must admit though, I do like the look of Lookman. Excuse the pun.

With the decent chunk of wages that he undoubtedly on and the fact he seems to miss about half a season, every season through injury it is time we got rid. I like Kaz and on his day he can be one of the best in this league, unfortunately those days are way too infrequent. There is no room for sentiment in football anymore and his wages would be better spent elsewhere.

PS- I personally don't have a 'weird obsession' with Lookman, just think he'd add something completely different to the other players in our squad. He can play on the wing or as a second striker... If we could get him for a fee slightly less than the one that was banded about for Pritchard it would be a great investment I think.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Threads like this are the exact reason none of us are the manager and CH is.

I think we HAVE seen the best of Kazenga, and that that best is an inconsistent, injury prone player who on his day can be unplayable.

Who would you drop just to be sentimental and give him a place on the bench? Skalak (is a regular starter on the left so wouldn't be dropped. Knockert...lol. Murphy...as you said yourself he has at least one shot per game even as a sub, he is direct and imo a more consistent 'super-sub'. March....has just committed his long term future to the club and need minutes on the pitch so to drop him would be ridiculous.

So that's it, no room for Kazenga. You said yourself that you don't think he is signed up to the #together ethos of the club, so to drop someone who is would be poor management.

I'd accept that he might want to leave on loan and if that is the case I'd wish him well. Equally if he wanted to stay and help the squad achieve it's aim I think at some point he will play a part, but he shouldn't be shoehorned into bench just for the sake of it. An injury to any of those 4 I've just mentioned is just around the corner and Kazenga could well see himself play an important role yet.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Not really.

He had what, a great 6 weeks at the start of last season.
Aside from that spell, he's either been shite or injured over the past 4 years.

To confirm, in 105 of his 111 appearances for the Albion in the last 5 seasons he was "shite".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the decent chunk of wages that he undoubtedly on and the fact he seems to miss about half a season, every season through injury it is time we got rid. I like Kaz and on his day he can be one of the best in this league, unfortunately those days are way too infrequent. There is no room for sentiment in football anymore and his wages would be better spent elsewhere.

PS- I personally don't have a 'weird obsession' with Lookman, just think he'd add something completely different to the other players in our squad. He can play on the wing or as a second striker... If we could get him for a fee slightly less than the one that was banded about for Pritchard it would be a great investment I think.

Don't forget Lookman is young enough not to count towards the 25 man quota for PL squads.

Whether that limit will apply to us or not next season is a separate issue, of course.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
All our wingers have got their faults and weaknesses. I don't think there is much to choose between them.

There is 'not much to choose', between Kaz and Knockaert?

mmm'kay

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is 'not much to choose', between Kaz and Knockaert?
Unsurprisingly for a second division team CH gets screwed over on consistency.

Any one of the 5 wingers can, on top form, out play the other 4.
So with hindsight there's always a better option, which obviously is fook all use to anybody.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Threads like this are the exact reason none of us are the manager and CH is.

I think we HAVE seen the best of Kazenga, and that that best is an inconsistent, injury prone player who on his day can be unplayable.

Who would you drop just to be sentimental and give him a place on the bench? Skalak (is a regular starter on the left so wouldn't be dropped. Knockert...lol. Murphy...as you said yourself he has at least one shot per game even as a sub, he is direct and imo a more consistent 'super-sub'. March....has just committed his long term future to the club and need minutes on the pitch so to drop him would be ridiculous.

So that's it, no room for Kazenga. You said yourself that you don't think he is signed up to the #together ethos of the club, so to drop someone who is would be poor management.

I'd accept that he might want to leave on loan and if that is the case I'd wish him well. Equally if he wanted to stay and help the squad achieve it's aim I think at some point he will play a part, but he shouldn't be shoehorned into bench just for the sake of it. An injury to any of those 4 I've just mentioned is just around the corner and Kazenga could well see himself play an important role yet.

I have to say that sentimentality plays no part in my wish to see Kaz restored to the 18. No one has a divine right to play. To cut to the quick, I think he can contribute to the cause - if CH starts with AK and JM against Leeds, as I hope he might, and we're locked at, say, 1-1 mid way through the second half, I'd be looking at the bench for someone who might come on and change the game. For me, Kaz fits that mould more than some of the others around the squad.

Just one other thing, a few posters mention a player plagued by injury, who can be inconsistent but who can also be unplayable. That is certainly Kaz, but it could also be Solly. Last season both were game changers and before their injuries each contributed to Albion accumulating a significant number of points. Can both do that again after serious injuries? We'll only find out once they play. Solly's 22, Kaz is 25. I hope both recapture their best form with us.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Kaz has qualities, such as the power of his shooting and his pace from a standing start, that make him unique in our squad. But he is predictable and injury-prone. CH will have those facts in mind every time he picks a squad and, as has often been said, he sees him every day in training.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The 1st of the "5 games" will be the Checkatrade Trophy tomorrow against Wimbledon if he's selected.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
He should go down to a League One. He'd rip it apart. Hasn't quite got the brains for Champ in my opinion, similar to CMS.

People don't half have short memories on here. He had a blinding start to last season until he inevitably got injured again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly Kaz has IMHO been a bit-part player for the club for quite some time now, injuries or no injuries. Time for both parties to move on?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here