Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So.. Players wise, what do we need now?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Two years contract on huge wages but the guy comes for free.
Good luck trying to convince the board and Hyypiä.

So what do you know that we don't ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So what do you know that we don't ?

This. Sometimes New members do have decent information. Sometimes they are wind up merchants, usually second accounts..

Won't ask your source, sorry SAUCE, Notyet but is this is a goer? If you are in the know you will be a respected member of NSC. If not.......

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Apparently a 2 year contract for Colunga being reported now in Spain. Getafe have announced that his contract has been terminated.

Adrián Colunga firma dos años con el Brighton (Adrián Colunga firm two years in Brighton)
http://www.marca.com/2014/08/23/futbol/equipos/getafe/1408825167.html

Also, lots of Spanish Twitter activity..
https://twitter.com/search?q=adrian colunga&src=typd

Good work :thumbsup: I think you must have set a record for the longest time spent lurking prior to a first post!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Apparently a 2 year contract for Colunga being reported now in Spain. Getafe have announced that his contract has been terminated.

Adrián Colunga firma dos años con el Brighton (Adrián Colunga firm two years in Brighton)
http://www.marca.com/2014/08/23/futbol/equipos/getafe/1408825167.html

Also, lots of Spanish Twitter activity..
https://twitter.com/search?q=adrian colunga&src=typd

That is a cracking effort. Seems to be a runner. Looks similar to the Rodriguez signing of last year though. Would hope he isn't our main option.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Oh god. I hope he has improved since I last saw him play

That said. If he joins us. I support him and wish him well. I don't think he'll possess that physical edge you need for the Championship though

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No worries.. I'll be back in another 6 years :)

No mate, don't be a stranger. Same goes for [MENTION=29347]NotYet[/MENTION].. We need posters like you. :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Would hope he isn't our main option.

I assume this is based on you having seen him play multiple times with a firm assessment of his strengths and weaknesses right? Holla was denounced as a barrel scraping free signing, two games later he's the Dutch Bridcutt! If that article is to be trusted then I shall reserve judgement until I've seen him play.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I assume this is based on you having seen him play multiple times with a firm assessment of his strengths and weaknesses right? Holla was denounced as a barrel scraping free signing, two games later he's the Dutch Bridcutt! If that article is to be trusted then I shall reserve judgement until I've seen him play.

Similar goal scoring record and similar circumstances to joining us is all (presuming his contract has been cancelled). I'm not the sort to start writing players off, but, you'd have to admit it would be a bit underwhelming if it was our main replacement for Ulloa? He's 29, hasn't scored a huge amount of goals in the last few years. 4 in 27 games last year including 16 starts.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is this the same guy?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
4 at least 2 strikers , 1 centre back and a **** of x l/r winger

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Similar goal scoring record and similar circumstances to joining us is all (presuming his contract has been cancelled). I'm not the sort to start writing players off, but, you'd have to admit it would be a bit underwhelming if it was our main replacement for Ulloa? He's 29, hasn't scored a huge amount of goals in the last few years. 4 in 27 games last year including 16 starts.

I see what you mean but hopefully our scouts see something in him that he can bring to the team. It may be a case of not fitting the system at his current club yet we believe he would thrive here. That kind of faith doesn't always pay off but when it does it can pay glorious dividends. Different positions I know but we've seen plenty of players sign that were slated at their old team only to go on and excel with us e.g. Ward at Wolves, here's to hoping he can be that kind of signing :cheers:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Vossen or Soriano or equally as good.

Just the main man, premium top gun striker required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here