Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knowledge is POWER.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

A duck's 'quack' is the only sound not to echo.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I have more than the average number of legs.
Some people have one leg, some have none, but because nobody has three or four legs the average number of legs is one point nine recurring.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
There are only five countries in the world beginning with the letter D.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Crab sticks do not actually contain any crab, and since 1993 manufacturers have been legally obliged to label them 'crab-flavoured sticks'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The 24 seconds bit is nonsense.It's about 1 second every 7 years added to the year, not to the day.

That's what I thought. 24 seconds seemed far too dramatic (I know it's not in the grand scheme of things but it would be enough to have scientists worrying).

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The tadpoles of the South American paradoxical frog are larger than the frog itself

No science experiment has ever been done (or could be done) to prove that time exists

Naughty racehorse names that have managed to escape the Jockey Club censor include: Hoof Hearted, Peony's envy, Wear the fox hat and Sofa can fast

The Roman name for Paris was Lutetia which translates into English as 'Slough'

and Shy Talk

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
'ing' on the end of a place name means ' belonging to the family of' hence Sompting, Steyning etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here