Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

High praise for Paddy from Wee Gordon...

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
“Paddy is as gifted a footballer as I have ever seen. Some players can see a pass, but not dribble. Others can dribble, but not see a pass. Paddy can do both,” said Strachan. “And, I have got to say, watching Paddy is one of the best things in football.”

Amen to that, and dare I say it, Wee Gordon knows a **** of a lot more about football than the dour nay-sayers who write Paddy off as a lazy waste of space...

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/03/17/strachan-suggests-celtic-got-it-wrong-over-paddy-mccourt/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was Gordon Strachan that paid £1.5m for Adam Virgo, wasn't it?

It was. It paid off an imminent tax bill which got the Albion out of deep trouble. Gordon Strachan, a friend of Mark McGhee, who was our manager at the time.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Anyway, friend or relative [MENTION=30172]Buckeejit[/MENTION] ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
“Paddy is as gifted a footballer as I have ever seen. Some players can see a pass, but not dribble. Others can dribble, but not see a pass. Paddy can do both,” said Strachan. “And, I have got to say, watching Paddy is one of the best things in football.”

Amen to that, and dare I say it, Wee Gordon knows a **** of a lot more about football than the dour nay-sayers who write Paddy off as a lazy waste of space...

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/03/17/strachan-suggests-celtic-got-it-wrong-over-paddy-mccourt/
What a load of bollocks. Why would Strachan know more than anyone else?

He's that good 10%< of the time in the championship, the obsession that same have with Paddy McCourt being this amazing player is quite embarrassing.

Stumpy Tim

To be fair, Paddy's ten minute cameo's were the highlight of our early season. He is undoubtedly extremely talented & one of the most natural footballers I've seen. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be able to perform for 90 minutes, especially defensively, and his alleged issues with drink probably pay a large part of that

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
To be fair, Paddy's ten minute cameo's were the highlight of our early season. He is undoubtedly extremely talented & one of the most natural footballers I've seen. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be able to perform for 90 minutes, especially defensively, and his alleged issues with drink probably pay a large part of that

How do we know? He was never given the chance in the league, which is a great shame.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I paid £950 to be his kit sponsor this season, don't think he's paid £950 for clothes throughout his life :censored:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
To be fair, Paddy's ten minute cameo's were the highlight of our early season.

That really does sum up how absolutely dog shit we were at the start of the season

I like him. He is a maverick in a good way rather than an only-value-in-life-is-as-a-brain-donor-way like Agustien

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
That really does sum up how absolutely dog shit we were at the start of the season

I like him. He is a maverick in a good way rather than an only-value-in-life-is-as-a-brain-donor-way like Agustien

Don't think there'd be many takers for Agustein's brain.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
“Och man. Paddy is as gifted a fitbaeller as I hae eaeh sen. Some players can see a pass, but cannae dribble. Others can dribble, but cannae see a pass. Paddy can dae both,” said Strachan. “And, I hae got tae say, watching Paddy is one of the best things in fitbae ye ken.”

Google translated into original Porrige gobbledegook.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a load of bollocks. Why would Strachan know more than anyone else?

He's that good 10%< of the time in the championship, the obsession that same have with Paddy McCourt being this amazing player is quite embarrassing.

Why would Strachan know more than anyone else? He was his gaffer at Celtic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here