Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unofficial NSC worst film you've EVER seen thread

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Horrible Bosses 2 is so bad on so many levels. Genuinely one of the worst films I've seen. Still can't believe that Christoph Waltz agreed to be in it.

Thats ashame as the first one was brill.
id like to nominate the swan, my misses asked me to take her and we both walked out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Letters to Juliet is still the winner.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Sex and the City 2. Was made to sit through by my gf (well, ok, I needed to recoup some brownie points so took her as a "treat"), and it was so bad that I nearly walked out which would have significantly increased the negative balance of brownie points. Turgid, smug, arrogant twaddle from start to finish.

On leaving the local world of cine I asked my gf if she had enjoyed it. "No. I knew I wouldn't, but I did enjoy seeing your discomfort". Top girl.

Reading this I couldn't help but recall this classic Kermodian rant :lol::

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm just catching up with this thread and am compelled to respond to many things

The first attempt at the lord of the rings in the 80's I think. Bloody terrible and confusing

It is essentially an unfinished film, but even judging without context it has some beautiful animation and manages to conjure up more atmosphere than anything Peter Jackson later did. Confusing maybe (though have you tried now you are older? - unlike the new ones its not made for kids), terrible - absolutely not.

Raise The Titanic

:shit:

There is no film with Titanic in the title shitter thanTitanic

Match Point.

Prepare to have no feelings towards it whatsoever. Complete non-event.

It was impressive in its ability to have me not give a shit about any character or what happened to them. Good nomination.

Coyote Ugly, utter turd of a movie.

The only good thing about Coyote Ugly is that I find it impossible to recall what it was about. Some hot ladies work at a bar and..... thats all I have.

Superman 4: The quest for Peace is a truly awful film. The space fight with a be-mulleted Nuclear Man is sooo bad it goes through funny and back to agog at how crap it is.

Jaws 3, effing atrocious.

I genuinely didn't know Superman 4 existed until a few minutes ago. How I came to be shielded from this awful truth I have no idea.

Jaws 3 is more accurately Jaws 3D. It is a rubbish film but for me can never be considered awful because the moment you got harpooned between the eyes in the cinema was well worth the price of admission.

Jingle all the way with Arnie...utter dog shit

There is a sequel. Be afraid.

Vanishing Point. Slightly worse than Easy Rider.

If you mean the 1997 version with Viggo Mortensen then yes. The 1971 original is clearly an existential masterpiece, or at least not that bad. You need to watch the UK cut not the US one though.

Stallone's Judge Dredd film is the only film I have ever walked out of. The plot makes no sense, it's got too much slapstick in it with that boggle eyed guy and it threw away the source material and instead went for some weird cloning back story. An odd mess.

But if you knew nothing of Dredd it would just be tosh. There should be a category for greatest abuse of source material though. Will Smith's I Am Legend anyone?

The remake was worse IMHO Dredd Dreadful more like

If you were slightly high and watching in 3D at the cinema it was an awesome and immersive experience. Also didn't ruin source material or use up vast amounts of the cannon in a single film.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sex and the City 2. Was made to sit through by my gf (well, ok, I needed to recoup some brownie points so took her as a "treat"), and it was so bad that I nearly walked out which would have significantly increased the negative balance of brownie points. Turgid, smug, arrogant twaddle from start to finish.

On leaving the local world of cine I asked my gf if she had enjoyed it. "No. I knew I wouldn't, but I did enjoy seeing your discomfort". Top girl.

You you get your brownie reward afterward?

I once shagged a girl up the council gritter, and afterwards she asked me if I enjoyed it, my reply was "No. I knew I wouldn't, but I did enjoy seeing your discomfort".

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here