Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Bracknell's Great Big Hospital Adventure

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Good news that the op went well, Best wishes for a speedy recovery LB.
I will pass on the good news to my brother Tony's family who you kindly made a point of talking to in Dicks before the Charlton game
Get well soon

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Get well soon LB

lord b has asked me to post an update on his state of health since he's been very touched by the thoughtful wishes he's received all the while he's been ill.

He was admitted to st. Thomas' hospital in london (northumberland ward) last week where, on thursday he had an epically huge operation (a pelvic exenteration) which his surgeon told us is about the biggest operation that can be performed on anyone. But on the upside, it is intended to be curative and was certainly life-saving. He spent over 9 hours in theatre and the surgery went well.

He will be in hospital for up to 3 weeks and then the recovery process will take some months. They've already got him out of bed and yesterday he managed a little, assisted, stroll down the corridor. Right now he's distinctly on the woozy side but was quite capable of arguing with the providers of bedside tv (and ruinously costly phone calls) whose appallingly priced services he declined to buy. So normal service is slowly being resumed!
i believe my nephew bumped into the lord and lady up at guys in august,hope all goes well with his recovery:thumbsup:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
All the best wishes to you both. Not much fun being stuck in hospital for so long. I hope to see him back in the north soon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's got a contract S3, a Kindle HD Fire and my tiny little laptop up there with him - all allowing easy access to the internet using the free hospital wi-fi. Not surprisingly, though, given the alarming bandwidth it'd use up, the wifi services blocks iPlayer and any other TV viewing sites. Still, once he's a little more recovered he can saunter down the corridor to the day room which has a decent and free TV so that's an incentive to get him moving!

I've got a 500gb hard drive full of films, many of which use a foreign language, that he is welcome to borrow and plug into his laptop.

Send him all our love and best wishes xxx

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
People like Lord Bracknell are what make the Albion different to other football clubs - the imps are thinking of you old mate.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Tell the old bugger to pull himself together and to stop being a burden to his lovely wife.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All the best Ed, hope you have a full recovery and are back on your feet soon

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Ed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here