Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
So Burnley are getting woods from leeds for £15m, And leeds are now going to use that money to snatch zahore from under our noses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So Burnley are getting woods from leeds for £15m, And leeds are now going to use that money to snatch zahore from under our noses.

That would be a cracking bit of business for everybody.

Tell me what difference Wood or Zahore would have made today?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
As a lot of us have been saying for weeks, to much criticism on here, our fabled recruitment team have had a shocker this pre season. We've got two weeks to sort it out or we're beating Derby's lowest points total. We look completely out of our depth.

Yes I'm a bedwetter and all that but I really don't want to be embarassed like this every week.

Do you honestly think you can tell this from two games against the two previous Champions? Honestly?

I sometimes wonder whether some football fans are as impatient in life in general as they are in football. Because it must be a miserable existence if they are.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
As a lot of us have been saying for weeks, to much criticism on here, our fabled recruitment team have had a shocker this pre season. We've got two weeks to sort it out or we're beating Derby's lowest points total. We look completely out of our depth.

Yes I'm a bedwetter and all that but I really don't want to be embarassed like this every week.

A lot of us also said that we have to get used to losing a lot of games in a row, especially with so many new signings.

Forget the idea that the next two weeks will 'sort it out' because we have spent £40m already and max two more to come. Nearly all the players who turn out against Wedt Brom are already in 25.

Patience is required. It may all go horribly wrong, but we sort of knew that. If it's embarrassing, there is always Saturday afternoon shopping, or Crawley Town.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
George Cooper, 20 year old midfielder, Crewe Alexander.

Twitter Account Scouts in Attendance report BHA scouts at yesterdays game v Barnet.

Development Squad no doubt

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
George Cooper, 20 year old midfielder, Crewe Alexander.

Twitter Account Scouts in Attendance report BHA scouts at yesterdays game v Barnet.

Development Squad no doubt
Scouts at a Barnet game, you say. Can't imagine why that would be.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Alan Nixon‏*
@reluctantnicko

Brighton. Keen on Conor Hourihane. Chances were good. Then gets a hat trick. Bit in paper

1:20 AM - 20 Aug 2017

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That would be a cracking bit of business for everybody.

Tell me what difference Wood or Zahore would have made today?

If Murray has a knock we are potentially down to one fit striker. In the history of the Premier League do you think that this has ever happened to another club? I tend to doubt it. We are rapidly approaching a point where "a bit of business" is required urgently. Oh no we still have 10 days, stand down :wink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If Murray has a knock we are potentially down to one fit striker. In the history of the Premier League do you think that this has ever happened to another club? I tend to doubt it. We are rapidly approaching a point where "a bit of business" is required urgently. Oh no we still have 10 days, stand down :wink:

As things stand we currently have Hemed, Murray (Hughton says he's going to be fine), Izquierdo, Murphy, Gross, Skalak, Knockaert, and March to fill 4 places next week.

I rather doubt Icy that having 8 fit players for 4 forward line places is unprecedented. Or 2 forwards (Hemed, Murray) for one,.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As things stand we currently have Hemed, Murray (Hughton says he's going to be fine), Izquierdo, Murphy, Gross, Skalak, Knockaert, and March to fill 4 places next week.

I rather doubt Icy that having 8 fit players for 4 forward line places is unprecedented. Or 2 forwards (Hemed, Murray) for one,.

Nope, I am talking about strikers, as you well know. If you wish to continue to stick your head in the sand and believe that we have 8 that's your prerogative. Good news if Glenn is OK but he should be a squad player along with Hemed and not first choice. Neither have looked remotely like scoring in two games now.

Izquierdo could possibly make a big difference, hope so because we looked completely useless in attack yesterday and against City.

If Gross is our back up number 10 then we are ****ed.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Did fine versus Man City, the bigger problem is Stephens and Propper, because if he never receives the ball he can't create anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he did receive the ball yesterday and promptly lost it by being weak on the ball, quite a few times :shrug:

I am not slagging him off btw as he has looked ok but yesterday he was abysmal. I just don't see him as a number 10. Propper and Stephens I thought did better yesterday, all opinions eh?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did fine versus Man City, the bigger problem is Stephens and Propper, because if he never receives the ball he can't create anything.

They are the two who should be played together v Barnet to help their understanding of each others play.

I and many thousands more would be ecstatic if a new signing striker was unveiled at the Barnet game even if he didnt play.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But he did receive the ball yesterday and promptly lost it by being weak on the ball :shrug:

Yes he was poor yesterday, but he wasn't versus City. Twice when he received it yesterday, he looked at March and then Murray to make a run and they stood still.

I see him as more of a midfielder arriving late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here