Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a strange thing that you often complain about the mentality of modern football fans but yet when they do show a bit of passionate support you criticise. What gives?

He's very bitter about the modern Albion and actively looks to criticise at every opportunity. Not convinced he even goes these days

Jan 30, 2008
Atmosphere will be crucial.

It's rare to have home fans singing "You x up and you still don't sing" - City didn't exactly worry me too much when we consider the first goal is what we expect from world class players to pounce on mistakes, the second goal was unfortunate. It wasn't like they carved us open.

We need improvement in the midfield, that's a given but I don't think we were THAT bad.

Could be worse, could have lost 3-0 to Huddersfield...at home.
deluded, City different class FACT, you must have pretty poor eye sight:facepalm:
regards
DR

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So I just wrote a big long post before realizing I probably can't create new threads yet. New fan from Phoenix, Arizona, USA here. I work for American Express and have been watching EPL for a few years, so naturally new favorite team! Hello everyone!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
deluded, City different class FACT, you must have pretty poor eye sight:facepalm:
regards
DR

I'm blind in one eye, but it isn't that bad.

But you're just showing how thick you are - I never said they weren't a different class. Given United thumped West Ham 4-0 and we only conceded 2, which happened after 70 minutes and one was an own goal. I didn't think they were too threatening.

Had you read what my comment said, "world class players" :wanker:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yes you are, but then I think you're doing a "look at me I'm different" number.

Not at all.

Shithouse might have been a tad harsh, but on such a big, special occasion people are chanting "Your support is f*cking shit" after 5 minutes and "You're just a shit Man United" at points too. Just a bit tinpot, IMO. I also thought there was fairly lengthy silences at points too. I'm intitled to my opinion, just because it differs from the norm doesn't mean it's a "look at me" post.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Shithouse might have been a tad harsh, .

A tad? Not from the NW. Noise was brilliant. Esp when Knocky came on and ran at them or we had that corner and a couple of pops at them.

"Your support is f*cking shit" after 5 minutes

Thats because it was. Honestly i only heard then when they were 2-0 up and that was for about 5 mins.

I also thought there was fairly lengthy silences at points too.

Thats true. Its called half time. Carried on in the N concourse though.

el punal

Not at all.

Shithouse might have been a tad harsh, but on such a big, special occasion people are chanting "Your support is f*cking shit" after 5 minutes and "You're just a shit Man United" at points too. Just a bit tinpot, IMO. I also thought there was fairly lengthy silences at points too. I'm intitled to my opinion, just because it differs from the norm doesn't mean it's a "look at me" post.

Fair enough. The shithouse bit was harsh. The gist of the thread was that the Albion fans en masse got behind the team from start to finish. The point you make about some of the chants being tinpot is valid, although it tends to be small groups of fans doing it, similar I suppose to opposition fans coming up the "we can see you holding hands" crap aimed at us.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Kids, Lots of Kids. It was so great to see so many kids with their Dads coming to see the Albion rather than City. Many I suspect for the first time. The future support is looking strong.
I think you're wrong there. I think they've been coming for a few years now. But yes, it's brilliant how we've recaptured Brighton as the default team for Sussex kids. The future for our club is very rosy.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
In her match report in today's Observer Amy Lawrence described the noise made by Albion fans as 'spine tingling'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Spent the evening with some Man City fans. Great bunch, and full of praise for our setup. All were agreed that we need more bite. I assured them that this will come with Colombia and hopefully Ghana. I heard that New Zealand was at the training ground this week too.

All of it or just some of them? :moo:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spent the evening with some Man City fans. Great bunch, and full of praise for our setup. All were agreed that we need more bite. I assured them that this will come with Colombia and hopefully Ghana. I heard that New Zealand was at the training ground this week too.

Hopefully someone other than Wood........Rojas ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here