Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley vs Hannover

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
They were there to cause trouble and people in the stand were saying they had knives. With it being a friendly and cheap a lot of families who don't usually go were there. They did manage to get the women and kids out pretty quickly. I can't understand why we agreed to play them after the problems they caused at Norwich. I feel sorry for their fans who wanted to watch the game as it's probably cost them quite a bit and they have been embarrassed by their own and will be tarred with the same brush. Some are staying overnight and probably daren't leave the hotel now.

I doubt they will be playing friendlies out of Germany again as nobody will want them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apparently the Hannover supporters smashed up a couple of pubs as well....causing 80,000 pounds worth of improvements to the town centre.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They were there to cause trouble and people in the stand were saying they had knives. With it being a friendly and cheap a lot of families who don't usually go were there. They did manage to get the women and kids out pretty quickly. I can't understand why we agreed to play them after the problems they caused at Norwich. I feel sorry for their fans who wanted to watch the game as it's probably cost them quite a bit and they have been embarrassed by their own and will be tarred with the same brush. Some are staying overnight and probably daren't leave the hotel now.

I doubt they will be playing friendlies out of Germany again as nobody will want them.

Burnley whingeing about nasty opposition fans, ha ha, couldn't make it up!

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
Burnley whingeing about nasty opposition fans, ha ha, couldn't make it up!

So every one of your fans are angels? All clubs have them but I wouldn't tar you with the same brush if your group of hooligans started. Some of us, in fact the majority, go to watch a game of football. Would you like to be sat with your family at a 'friendly' and expect to have that happen? They are nothing but cowards going for innocent kids, carrying knives and doing it when the stadium is half empty.

They should find an empty car park, preferably on Mars, and let them arrange to fight whilst we all watch a match and have banter.:lolol:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
So every one of your fans are angels? All clubs have them but I wouldn't tar you with the same brush if your group of hooligans started. Some of us, in fact the majority, go to watch a game of football. Would you like to be sat with your family at a 'friendly' and expect to have that happen? They are nothing but cowards going for innocent kids, carrying knives and doing it when the stadium is half empty.

They should find an empty car park, preferably on Mars, and let them arrange to fight whilst we all watch a match and have banter.:lolol:

Burnley hardly have nasty fans, just a bit whingey on the internet, except that old bloke who was on that TV show called 'football's hardest away days' he was hard, obviously had a few screws loose but I wouldn't mess with him

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I am guessing that you are a true and faithful Burnley fan but I can almost guarantee you that this is not an ''off the cuff'' act of violence . This has probably been organised on the internet by Burnley fans AND Hannover fans. Because you couldn't compete don't just throw blame around. This sort of thing is absolutely shit. A pre- season friendly is all about going on your holidays and going to watch your side play football. Organised violence is the scourge of football so don't go saying it was all their fault - It wasn't.

Football is a great game and we all love it. Anyone who goes to a meaningless match and causes trouble has gone there with the intention of doing so and the police closing the game down is what I call excellent policing and you don't often get me praising the police.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

agreed i think the Russians showed us the score , our men don't match up any more.....too much oestrogen etc.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here