Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Simple maths. He averages one yellow every three matches
He's got 12 from 29 games, but 1 was on purpose to get a ban out the way, so 11 from 29 = every 2.6 games, so it could be around 13 games before his ban. He really needs to cut out the silly ones and get as close to the end of the season as possible. Coming back for 1 game wouldn't be ideal, he'd be a bit rusty after 3 weeks out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unless that was also deliberate in that he'd miss one game for the red (two yellows) but take his tally back down from 11 to 10, thereby reducing the chance of reaching 15.....
No chance. If he wanted to do that (which would be a bit dumb), he'd have waited until the end of the game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some of us quite forcefully argued that he shouldn't deliberately get booked at Fulham (or any other game), citing precisely the 15 card three-match ban. [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] was certainly one, but we were in a minority. Those who thought it was a good idea then can always come forward now and indicate that it was right then, and remains right now.
Well Hughton and Dunk obviously thought it was right. I'm inclined to agree. He's still on the same number of yellows as he was after that game, so the only negative difference since the decision is the fact that Goldson is out.

If he hadn't have got that yellow, he might have picked one up by now anyway, so he'd still be 5 from 15, and we may have lost more points in the games he missed.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Last time we went up to the top division we were missing our best defender Lawrenson for the last few games due to a broken arm. Top teams overcome difficulties. Let us just hope we are one of them.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Bruno has already played there against Derby this season???

He hasn't (effectively) been booked since, so as it stands it can't be seen as a bad decision. Only if/when it happens can we assess that.

I suspect others might be laughing at you if the ban comes at a convenient time such as early April, or after we have already sealed promotion or not at all.

I'd have to say I'd feel quite sad if people took it that far.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
BFG just needs some game time he has come back from a very lengthy injury and thrown into a league where everyone if up to full speed he wont let us down if and when called upon

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If it's going to happen this season then hopefully he gets through February and March intact and has the ban in April. Five of the seven games that month are against teams in the bottom half and, while football doesn't necessarily work that way, on paper that's when we'd miss him the least

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Am I right in thinking there were no cards at all today? I'm not sure I remember another game without at least one booking... Not for a long time...
Very different to the rather colourful Wednesday:lol: scoreboard

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
BFG just needs some game time he has come back from a very lengthy injury and thrown into a league where everyone if up to full speed he wont let us down if and when called upon

Yep, I think that's fair. I used him, somewhat unfairly, as the fall guy for the gag, s'all.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Am I right in thinking there were no cards at all today? I'm not sure I remember another game without at least one booking... Not for a long time...
Very different to the rather colourful Wednesday:lol: scoreboard

The only other competitive fixture at the Amex that saw no cards of either hue was the League game against Bristol City on November 27 2012.

The friendly against Southampton on July 31 2014 was also cardless.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
thats one of the games out of the way that he cant get booked in so only 16 left just hope he keeps his head. As it is now only 26 more points needed to get to 90

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some of us quite forcefully argued that he shouldn't deliberately get booked at Fulham (or any other game), citing precisely the 15 card three-match ban. [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] was certainly one, but we were in a minority. Those who thought it was a good idea then can always come forward now and indicate that it was right then, and remains right now.

Well Hughton and Dunk obviously thought it was right. I'm inclined to agree.
Looks like it was right :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1adz9x.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It does now. But there was a quite amazing transformation in Dunk in the last 10-15 games. Does that sound right? :smile:
I don't think any of us could predict how long he'd go without a card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here