Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's talk about Skalak

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So why single out Skalak ? ???
Dear God it's bad enough when Buzzer decides to do this, not you as well.

This week NSC singled out Hughton and Goldson for praise.
Today neither are getting much praise.
The comment is wondering if the 2 are connected.
Therefore as Skalak is getting praise on the Skalak thread, I wrote on the Skalak thread perhaps we shouldn't be praising him, just in case the same thing happens.

You do realise there is a thread stating Mother Theresa would have been better than Calde.
Plus another saying the players should be paying for the travelling support.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
His delivery looks great, either likes to cut inside or reluctant to take a man on.

Shrugged off the ball and driven backwards too often for me, and first touch was poor at times.

Will take some time for him to get adjusted but he would be one of the last players i'd single out for today's abject display.

The midfield were all at fault for losing the ball https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959138/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Cardiff-Brighton

But most noticeable was that Cardiff did not lose the ball They did not have it so much to lose but even so we did not win the ball from them.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got to find a way of having him, Murphy and Knockers on the pitch together. Maybe try him in the middle with Hemed/Bobby?
Who out of ALL the wingers are left footed?
There seems to be an awful lot of cutting in from the left, which holds up the attacking flow.

I think Murphy is the man who should shuffle into the middle, when needed, and everybody else is fit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dear God it's bad enough when Buzzer decides to do this, not you as well.

This week NSC singled out Hughton and Goldson for praise.
Today neither are getting much praise.
The comment is wondering if the 2 are connected.
Therefore as Skalak is getting praise on the Skalak thread, I wrote on the Skalak thread perhaps we shouldn't be praising him, just in case the same thing happens.

You do realise there is a thread stating Mother Theresa would have been better than Calde.
Plus another saying the players should be paying for the travelling support.

Just wanted to understand why you wanted to slag off Skalak ? ???

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
On the evidence of today's game I think he should be let off his lease.

I'm also surprised that no-one else thought to mention this in 7 pages of posts.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Pol
Really unfair comparing him to Manu who never did enough to justify a starting position. At least Skalak has shown the manager enough to get a starting berth in an important league game. For his first ever start in English football I don't think he has anything to be disgraced by. And a nice assist too.

He's also at the disadvantage of having had Calde, and then a not-yet-fit Rosenior behind him. If he had a fully it Rosenior or Bong backing him up then perhaps he'd have been able to do a little more.

Let's not forget that Murphy hasn't looked great in most of the games he's overlapped with Calde

Manu made the winner today for Udders

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There was no lack of effort today and a few flashes of quality. My only concern with him is he may get trapped in the same is he a striker is he a winger abyss as Baldock and Manu.

Would still have liked Murphy to have started instead today purely on basis on his previous performances

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Who out of ALL the wingers are left footed?
There seems to be an awful lot of cutting in from the left, which holds up the attacking flow.

I think Murphy is the man who should shuffle into the middle, when needed, and everybody else is fit.

That's the way CH wants to play - with inverted wingers. Knockers is VERY left footed. Agree with Murphy in the middle

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
On the train back from the game. Thought Skalek was decent in the second half. The conditions in the first half were atrocious so it's difficult to form a judgement on his performance due to the heavy pitch and the howling wind. He seems to have a fire in his belly which is good, and I look forward to seeing how he progresses.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Average debut. Surprised me in that he didn't look as quick as I thought he may be but produced some outstanding crosses. Suspect the wet pitch didn't allow him to run with the ball as much as he would like. But big plus on the delivery.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He has flair, he back-heeled the ball to himself today

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Be interesting to see how long the club allow his Facebook account.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Murphy, based on his recent performances, has to stay on the left IMO. Knocky on the right is a no-brainer, I would put Skalak in the second striker role behind Hemed or Bobby (whichever CH decides to play), in a 4-4-1-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here