Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6k away tickets at MK Dons £12 adults £1 U18s

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So now everyone has their tickets, how are you all getting there and where are the away fans meeting up? Torn between train from Three Bridges or coach? there will be 4 of us.

We will be walking from Newhaven to Milton Keynes to raise awareness of the tragic haircuts of today's professional footballers , stopping off at regular Barber shops to hang posters of top offenders along the way , you are more than welcome to join us , I say us its just me at the moment really .

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I do love hearing people from mk rewrite history.

Back in 1999/2000 I worked on a huge construction project in mk. At one meeting with the council leader and the director of environmental services, they talked about plans for a new 'soccer' stadium (their words not mine). When I asked who it was for, they said they didn't care as they would easily attract someone. Luton and Northampton were quoted as well as Wimbledon.

This wasn't some coincidence that it was Wimbledon, it was a premeditated plan to attract a club.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Back in 1999/2000 I worked on a huge construction project in mk. At one meeting with the council leader and the director of environmental services, they talked about plans for a new 'soccer' stadium (their words not mine). When I asked who it was for, they said they didn't care as they would easily attract someone. Luton and Northampton were quoted as well as Wimbledon.

This wasn't some coincidence that it was Wimbledon, it was a premeditated plan to attract a club.

I blame the FA, who should have just said no and should have told them to form a non league club and work their way up through the leagues.

JFC

Feb 17, 2016

Can you point me in the direction where someone from MK has?

As I said in my first post, the talk of Wimbledon moving to MK was mooted back in the late 70's. Well before your project.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Despite the bitter taste left behind when Wimbledon was picked up and dropped down in Milton Keynes, I do think there has to come a point when it becomes 'live and let live'.

I know there will be many who will disagree with that - I both understand and respect that. I'll try and explain...

There will be young kids, of similar ages to many of our own children, for whom MK Dons is and had always been their club. They've been brought up as MK Dons fans in the same way as my kids have been brought up to be Albion fans. They will have the same passions and emotions about their club and, hopefully, will keep the football bug as they get older. I don't believe they deserve scorn from the rest of the football world for the rest of their supporting lives. They had no involvement in the moving of the club, and were pretty much born into this.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
we HAVE to take the full 6k allocation - this season more than any other.
It will be a slow burner with no imperative to snap up tickets early.

Depending on how we go over the next few games we have obvious potential to take 4K, 5K + ...

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Teams have taken 7k-9k over the last couple of seasons - id be seriously underwhelmed if we don't take all 6k - sat 3pm, not far, cheap as chips, decent stadium for views etc, challenging for promotion!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Despite the bitter taste left behind when Wimbledon was picked up and dropped down in Milton Keynes, I do think there has to come a point when it becomes 'live and let live'.

I know there will be many who will disagree with that - I both understand and respect that. I'll try and explain...

However, there will be young kids, of similar ages to many of our own children, for whom MK Dons is and always been their club. They've been brought up as MK Dons fans in the same way as my kids have been brought up to be Albion fans. They will have the same passions and emotions about their club and, hopefully, will keep the football bug as they get older. I don't believe they deserve scorn from the rest of the football world for the rest of their supporting lives. They had no involvement in the moving of the club, and were pretty much born into this.

I agree entirely. And not just for the kids - but for all involved.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

There will be young kids, of similar ages to many of our own children, for whom MK Dons is and had always been their club. They've been brought up as MK Dons fans in the same way as my kids have been brought up to be Albion fans. They will have the same passions and emotions about their club and, hopefully, will keep the football bug as they get older. I don't believe they deserve scorn from the rest of the football world for the rest of their supporting lives. They had no involvement in the moving of the club, and were pretty much born into this.

Has the embargo on Toys-R-Us also been lifted now?

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Well to be fair we, Blues Away, have already sold out two coaches and on our way to the the third, there has been really good interest in this, admittedly the coach prices, have had a lot to do with it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
My memory fades but was it not MK where there was a 20 minute left side right side ding dong which included the stewards
Yes correct, was our first appearance there, a boring 0-0 and Barndoor Davies got a bit of slack from the away end for missing chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here