Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jeremy Corbyn is a 'f***ing disgrace'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do believe Jeremy Corbyn was elected by 60% of the membership of the labour parry and has added hundreds of thousands of new members to the party since the result of that election I think it is the PLP that has a problem with democracy.

What policies has Jeremy Corbyn come up with? He is making statements that go against party policies already in place.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I do believe Jeremy Corbyn was elected by 60% of the membership of the labour parry and has added hundreds of thousands of new members to the party since the result of that election I think it is the PLP that has a problem with democracy.

That doesn't say an awful lot about the membership and I comment as a former supporter of the Party.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Politics is broken. While you have to admire Corbyn's principles, it certainly appears that you need to apply fear, propaganda and spin to be successful in politics... genuine discussion and debate is all but futile.

That's a very naive statement. Even managing a team of four people requires a certain degree of disingenuous mendacity that all good leaders have. Each one of those four people will have their own opinion, their own desires and needs and their own requirements of you as a leader. Now extrapolate that to a parliamentary party, and then a country. JC lacks humour and guile, and being as tactically naive as he evidently is, is hardly a good trait for a future PM is it? His interview with the BBC clearly outlines his complete unsuitability for Leadership, coloured as it is with his complete suspicion of the questions rather than offering tactically aware responses of his own. His time is short. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/16/jeremy-corbyn-not-happy-w_n_8577128.html

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The only f**king disgrace are the weasels that the current PLP is infested with. Sooner they quit the better.

I'm sorry but if I recall rightly you were a long-standing member of the Green Party, voting for them in the last election and only recently joined the Labour Party because of Corbyn. Frank Field has been a Labour Party member since the early 60s and has campaigned for them in every single local, general and Euro election since then. Many of those other 'f*cking weasels' have given similar service to Labour - and only to Labour.

I'm not disregarding your views but why should someone who didn't even vote for Labour in the last election dictate which long-standing supporter should quit and when?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What policies has Jeremy Corbyn come up with? He is making statements that go against party policies already in place.

You never have, and never will hear about what he says about anything real. The media will be too busy running a story on the front page that's he's been involved in a bestial night of passion with one of the Queen's f*****g corgis, or some such 'scoop'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You never have, and never will hear about what he says about anything real. The media will be too busy running a story on the front page that's he's been involved in a bestial night of passion with one of the Queen's f*****g corgis, or some such 'scoop'.

I don't read newspapers but I have watched live on tv, or is there a 10 second delay so that the producer can change his words?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm sorry but if I recall rightly you were a long-standing member of the Green Party, voting for them in the last election and only recently joined the Labour Party because of Corbyn. Frank Field has been a Labour Party member since the early 60s and has campaigned for them in every single local, general and Euro election since then. Many of those other 'f*cking weasels' have given similar service to Labour - and only to Labour.

I'm not disregarding your views but why should someone who didn't even vote for Labour in the last election dictate which long-standing supporter should quit and when?

I'm still a member of the Green party and did not participate in the Labour leadership election as it was for the Labour party to decide their leader and not me. In my opinion they have chosen well in rejecting new Labour sell out and I fully support Jeremy Corbyn in providing a real alternative to the electorate for those who feel that all the parties were the same.

The Labour party membership has spoken and it is the PLP who have not listened and are out of step. I am not telling them to do anything.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm still a member of the Green party and did not participate in the Labour leadership election as it was for the Labour party to decide their leader and not me. In my opinion they have chosen well in rejecting new Labour sell out and I fully support Jeremy Corbyn in providing a real alternative to the electorate for those who feel that all the parties were the same.

The Labour party membership has spoken and it is the PLP who have not listened and are out of step. I am not telling them to do anything.
Out of step with what? Perhaps they know that those who voted for JC form a vocal minority, and are out of step with regard to the wishes of the electorate?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Amazing to see the Corbynistas continuing to try and defend the indefensible. The luxury minority politics of being a long-standing back bench anonymous rebel and supporter of pacifistic, left wing, anti-establishment causes predictably does not translate well when extrapolated into a national highly visible leadership role. It is true that he and his 5th form debating society views have a mandate within the Labour Party, that his route to the leadership resulted in a "massive" increase in party membership (although crucially minuscule in terms of the overall size of the electorate) and that the PLP are, by and large, pissed off every time he opens his mouth. I don't agree with those who think he won't last long. If I understand the way "democracy" works within the Labour Party post-Miliband its the membership wot determines the leader, not the PLP. I therefore see Corbyn continuing right up to the next election, the emergence of a new centre left party between now and then, and the next general election will be for the Tories to lose. All in all, rather sad for British politics.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Out of step with what? Perhaps they know that those who voted for JC form a vocal minority, and are out of step with regard to the wishes of the electorate?

So if these people you're talking about (including those who lost out to Corbyn in the leadership contest) are so 'in touch' with the electorate...what exactly were they doing in the years up to and including the General Election?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

A vocal minority? 60 per cent of the vote in a multi candidate field followed up by the addition of 300,000 new members after the result was declared. If only David Cameron had such a convincing mandate for this risible excuse of a government.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In an age when terrorists can exit Syria, sail through non-existant borders and blow people up on our doorstep Corbyn's words appear weak and based on fantasy.

Our armed forces, our policemen and women need a clear message on where the government stands on terrorism and they must know the government will support them and that it is committed to equipping them to do the job properly. This is not the time to be dithering - our intelligence services are regularly thwarting plots to maim and kill our citizens and our police forces must be properly manned and equipped to deal with the terrorist acts when they inevitably come.

The time to push the pacificist agenda is when we are in a position of strength, i.e. when all ISIS-held territory is regained and when their remaining forces have been captured. Right now we are in a position of weakness and on the defensive.

I'm with Tooting Gull that everything Corbyn says seems to be vilified in the media, but when he continues to exercise such poor judgement at key times his message is bound to get lost.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm all for a genuine left-wing Labour Party (instead of centre-left) and think Corbyn comes in for some terrible treatment in the press but it doesn't help when he pulls dick moves like putting a vegan in as shadow minister for agriculture. Not that a vegan couldn't do the job per se but that to all and sundry it just looks like a stunt. a 'look what I can do'. Also think he does suffer from a lack of judgement at times.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you believe wrong: only 45% of the membership elected Corbyn. 24% of the eligable members didnt vote, an odd state of affairs when you pay to be a member.

each MP has their own mandate from their constituents. the PLP and the party have to respect each others mandate, they do not exist in isolation, or have precedence over the other.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
you believe wrong: only 45% of the membership elected Corbyn. 24% of the eligable members didnt vote, an odd state of affairs when you pay to be a member.

What does this say about the quality of all the candidates in the leadership contest?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm with Tooting Gull that everything Corbyn says seems to be vilified in the media, but when he continues to exercise such poor judgement at key times his message is bound to get lost.

thats Corybn's leadership in a nutshell.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What does this say about the quality of all the candidates in the leadership contest?

What is most disappointing is that there appeared to be decent candidates like Umunna and Dan Jarvis, but they didn't have the nous to spot that their party desperately needed them to stand in 2015. I've lost respect for the pair of them.

I run my own business, I have two small children but if the coach left my son's football team then I'd step up to the plate even if it didn't suit me at the time. Umunna and Jarvis are those dads who have ducked it while someone's mum who knows nothing about football has stepped in because none of those better qualified could be bothered to put themselves forward. Using the excuse that you might be prepared to do it later is worthless if the team breaks apart in the meantime.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I like Corbyn and a lot of what he says (and, after some dithering, I voted for him as Labour leader), including his views on Trident, but I think he's wrong on this issue of how to respond to terrorism.

It's perfectly possible to be a leftist liberal, but still take a much harder line on some of these difficult policy decisions relating to terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism (without being a warmonger or a racist) -- I agree with a lot of what's said in this article here, which is one of the better ones I've seen on this topic

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides...ris-terrorist-attacks-and-western-liberalism/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here