Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Homeland Season 7

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
One of the best series around, went a little downhill in the 1-2 series after brody but has gotten even better than the first two series now.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Snap. It just got utterly ridiculous.

It would be just about bearable if Claire Danes weren't so bloody annoying, constantly resorting to the one shocked/surprised/upset/scared acting expression she has. I know it's a work of fiction but you've really got to hope that the FBI wouldn't have anyone like her within a million miles of them!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It would be just about bearable if Claire Danes weren't so bloody annoying, constantly resorting to the one shocked/surprised/upset/scared acting expression she has. I know it's a work of fiction but you've really got to hope that the FBI wouldn't have anyone like her within a million miles of them!

Or the CIA?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I hate when you keep up to date with series that hasnt finished, wait 18months for the next one and then cant remember what the fu*k happened last. I know 'whats his name' went stir crazy, thats all I can remember now. I prefer watching a series that has finished or has done by the time you get to the last series and then binging the whole lot.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They don’t. That’ll be your TV settings. Make sure most of the extras that are meant to improve things are switched off.

Yeah. I'll do that. I have some video tapes to return first. But yeah, I'll go ahead and get right onto that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All rather MEH, since Brody died...

Couldn't get on with that blonde woman running around arguing with everyone all the time, bailed out about halfway through the second series. Genuinely surprised its still plodding on.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thought it lost its way a bit after the first season story was told but once freed from those shackles have really enjoyed the past few seasons.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yeah. I'll do that. I have some video tapes to return first. But yeah, I'll go ahead and get right onto that.

Just trying to help. On mine, things like HDR, digital smoothing and the motion setting are all best switched off. One or a combination of those - not sure which as I haven’t bothered working it out exactly - gives the horrible handycam effect you describe.

But keep watching you shit picture, why not? Enjoy.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I think I am reaching box set saturation now - just so much available, mostly indifferent quality and seems to expand to fill the 10 or 12 x 50 minutes available. IMHO of course. It was Little Big Lies that pushed me over the edge, but Series 3 of Homeland started the rot. I am going back to movies for a bit.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Had a couple of slow lows over the last decade, but all told that was a cracking series.

Loving Saul’s retort to Carrie.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I for one will miss Homeland.

I agree that there have been a coupe of seasons that weren't so good (notably the one set in Germany) but this season has, IMO, been brilliant - and so wonderfully up to date with regards to the situation in Afghanistan/Pakistan etc.

Superb last ever episode last night, and a brilliantly written ending.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I for one will miss Homeland.

I agree that there have been a coupe of seasons that weren't so good (notably the one set in Germany) but this season has, IMO, been brilliant - and so wonderfully up to date with regards to the situation in Afghanistan/Pakistan etc.

Superb last ever episode last night, and a brilliantly written ending.

Enjoyed the early series. Saul was always good. Latterly, Ken Barlow's lad done good, but it has been a real struggle sticking with it because of the abominable over acting of Clare Danes. For us, she was incredibly irritating and detracted from a basically good story.The idea that any government agency in the world would allow her to carry on working for them after her antics in series 1 (and every single series since) is laughable. And the facial extortion several times an episode (several times a minute, actually!) often made me feel I was watcing a rerun of Phil Cool!

Good episode last night. Satisfactory ending. In summary, could have been a great series without Carrier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here