Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] this ref is a twunt and

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I used to stick up for refs and thought they did their best in trying circumstances
I also disagreed with the abuse and that on-line trolling was unacceptable

Today, I have a different view.

Yes, starting with Dean at Boro, and then some this year, the mediocrity of some has been quite a revelation. Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but CH put it very eloquently on MOTD; the keeper rushed out, desperate to make amends, knowing what would happen if he didn't get the ball, and with ES racing down, it was entirely predictable that a collision would occur. That the fat git was unsighted is NO excuse, as he, like everyone else, knew what was coming, and he should have moved aside so that the defender wasn't blocking his view. And as for that linesman . .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Small clubs often don’t get penalties against the big clubs that the ref would have awarded the other way around. I thought the ref showed incredible bias to the big club today and as Aspinalł said at half time the ref was too slow to keep up with play.

Yes, we hear this a great deal and I am not totally convinced that the BIg 6 do get preferential treatment -obviously there is never going to be proof either way., short of the ref's Trade Union coming out and saying so . . I could believe that subconsciously this might be the case, given that a refereeing error involving the top teams is always likely to get more unwelcome publicity.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Seeing the highlights on goals on sunday I think it's a bit harsh to lay it all on the ref. He was unsighted for the first and the blame should go to his assistant who didn't flag. The second wasn't so clear cut. Schelotto drags his foot to make contact with the legs, and the push, which schelotto pointed out to the ref as a reason for the foul, wasn't enough of a foul.
But how many times have we seen on the telly that the big teams get the pens with only the slightly touch. There was something wrong with the Ref yesterday. Too slow to keep up play and positioning was off. Lino should have called it also. Maybe he did but got overruled by the Ref. I did notice their goalie keep quite when asked if it was pen.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Shearer has just claimed the 2nd one wasn't a pen as it was just a coming together (after our lad had kicked the ball). Im sure that's exactly what alan would have thought had he been the striker going down in the box - clearly rudiger tripped him & not the other way around when schellotto had the ball.

What a bell cheese you are alan

Saw that unbelievable all contact fouls by their nature are a coming together. In this case the defenders foot with our players leg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here