Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 100/1 Southampton to go down.... worth a couple of quid surely.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It is not out of realms of possibility for Southampton to lose 6-0 and Swansea to beat a an already relegated demoralised squad 3-0

Bingo at 100/1 worth a couple of quid.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is not out of realms of possibility for Southampton to lose 6-0 and Swansea to beat a an already relegated demoralised squad 3-0

It is.

Let's think about this. Southampton could lose 5-0 at home to a team that doesn't need to fill their boots for any particular reason. They'd be just as happy with a 2-0 win. Equally, Swansea have scored 3 goals twice this season I think, and never 4.

But even Southampton do lose 5-0 and Swansea win 4-0, that STILL won't be enough.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has any 'worth a couple of quid' bets on NSC ever paid out?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The key to this is on what terms Hughes left Stoke. Do the Stoke players HATE him enough to hope he gets Saints relegated?

I'd absolutely laugh my tits off if the unthinkable happened. I'd laugh for a month. It would be the funniest thing to happen in football history, after all the celebrating Southampton and their fans have done since Tuesday, about 'securing' survival.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Man City will only care about winning to get the 100 points, they already have the record goals therefore a 0-2 or 0-3 will be more than enough. Southampton know they don't have to score so can sit with all 11 men in the penalty area for 90 minutes if they wanted to.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The key to this is on what terms Hughes left Stoke. Do the Stoke players HATE him enough to hope he gets Saints relegated?

I'd absolutely laugh my tits off if the unthinkable happened. I'd laugh for a month. It would be the funniest thing to happen in football history, after all the celebrating Southampton and their fans have done since Tuesday, about 'securing' survival.

Another angle is, what do man city think of their ex manager & how up for relegating him are they? (Or not)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
His point stands though. £2 split across between the 4 or 5 realistic permutations would still pay out more than the £2 at a stingy 100/1 I suspect.

It's well known that the final day's fixtures can throw up some ridiculous results such as Fergies last game as manager, West Brom 5 Man Utd 5 ....lord knows what odds you might have got on that !

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Could make it interesting I guess and as I find Mark Hughes an annoying whingebag I would enjoy it immensely if Swansea pulled it off. Although as Simster has pointed out, Southampton would stay up on goals scored in the above scenario I think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I'd not thought of that. That would be hilarious. 0-8 :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
dumb21.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His point stands though. £2 split across between the 4 or 5 realistic permutations would still pay out more than the £2 at a stingy 100/1 I suspect.

Don't think so.

Saints / Swans
0-6 / 4-0
0-5 / 5-0
0-7 / 3-0
0-7 / 4-1
1-7 / 4-0
etc.

There are loads of possible (clearly, each highly unlikely) combinations, that you'd need to cover. You'd be better off IMO taking the best odds you could find on the straight 'Saints down' bet.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Wouldn't put a £1 on if it were 1,000,000/1

Bookies Benevolent Funds these sort of bets

They love the 'you never know' offers

Then again, if it's VALUE you want......

Capture.JPG

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In the movies million to one shot's come in nine times out of ten.

That's what happens in movies. Rarely happens in films though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here