Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Roma v Liverpool

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cracking result for us. Due to resting players for the final, we may find ourselves up against Ings, Dalglish and Lawrence in goal. Happy days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'We got important games coming up aganst Chelsea and Brighton'. You don't often hear that from the captain of a team going through to a European Cup Final.

Yes, I did shed a tiny tear. Twenty years ago we were rubbish on a bonfire.

I am very glad to be alive, now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will they really rest players when there’s 13 days between the games?
They will 'rest' if at the first opportunity someone gets booted up in the air.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Will they really rest players when there’s 13 days between the games?

Probably, they can't risk long term injury, Oxlade Chamberlain is already out and while they have a good 1st team the squad, decent replacements for a CL final is not good.
Imagine if Firminho and Salah picked up an injury the defence is thin too.
Surely they won't risk it, CL is in the bag for them next season anyway.
It will be like Stoke, a good time to play them and get a 0-0 or sneak a win.
We may be in the beach anyway.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
So do I but it’s looking more and more possible that the points may be more vital to them than they will be for us.

Of course. On any given day they would tear us apart.. but they didn't against Stoke, WBA.. So if we're on the top of our game they're one of the three teams left we can get in around the back of and not be shit in front of goal.. Basically we just need to score more goals than them :eek:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So do I but it’s looking more and more possible that the points may be more vital to them than they will be for us.

Again, I bloody well hope so! (meaning we are alrady safe) :thumbsup::bigwave:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
'We got important games coming up aganst Chelsea and Brighton'. You don't often hear that from the captain of a team going through to a European Cup Final.

Yes, I did shed a tiny tear. Twenty years ago we were rubbish on a bonfire.

I am very glad to be alive, now.

Sadly, he actually said...

"We've been entertaining [throughout our Champions League campaign]. We've got an important game against Chelsea at the weekend before the last game of the season against Brighton and obviously Madrid in the final. It won't be easy but we'll go there [to Kiev] with confidence."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly, he actually said...

"We've been entertaining [throughout our Champions League campaign]. We've got an important game against Chelsea at the weekend before the last game of the season against Brighton and obviously Madrid in the final. It won't be easy but we'll go there [to Kiev] with confidence."

Stop crushing my delusions with your 'facts'. Ya b'stard. :lolol:

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
yes they may not rest players for fitness, but hopefully they treat it as training and not be full pelt to avoid injuries

DavePage

I am going out on a limb here but pretty sure we wouldnt be going for an early train if we were one goal away from a champions league final.

Correct because most of those that would leave early, would be watching on TV whilst composing letters about how they have followed the team for so many years. But, they will not pay that much for a ticket….It’s an outrage…Barber out

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
yes they may not rest players for fitness, but hopefully they treat it as training and not be full pelt to avoid injuries

Mixture of both most likely. Some rested completely, some playing far less than a full game and those that do play nowhere near 100% committed with the CL final looming. All positive for us.

If they’re safe in the top 4 by then (likely), still think Salah, Mane and Firminho might be wrapped in cotton wool. Salah in particular has looked a bit knackered the last couple of games and has dropped slightly from his previous form.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Klopp “We have to play two more Champions League semi-finals in the Premier League, that’s the first job to do, but we have two weeks to prepare for the final and we will use that time.”

That doesn’t sound like someone who intends to take his foot off the pedal, unfortunately.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here