Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Would really like Jahanbakhsh to get a decent run out tonight, need something different..

D

Deleted member 2719

The change I would like to see is in our approach and mindset so that rather than we go out fearing West Ham we are at home so they fear us.

Well if we don't have a proper go at West Ham at home then, it's going to be a long old season, as you said time for a more positive mindset and belief.

We can do it, just think of the goals we have in our squad.................................................. oh anyway bound to get a pen.

D

Deleted member 2719

You can stick your Ronaldo's we have Stephens.

Attachments

• Stephens.PNG
    Stephens.PNG
    641.5 KB · Views: 385

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Dear Mr Bong.

If Mr Yarmolenko of West Ham United Football Club wants to run down the right wing then please let him. In fact, lay a red carpet all the way down the right side. Write a beautifully crafted invitation to the right side and the use of his GAMMY right foot.

But WHATEVER you do, do NOT let that cheeky little scamp cut back in on his left foot. It's all he has.....but it's good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear Mr Bong.

If Mr Yarmolenko of West Ham United Football Club wants to run down the right wing then please let him. In fact, lay a red carpet all the way down the right side. Write a beautifully crafted invitation to the right side and the use of his GAMMY right foot.

But WHATEVER you do, do NOT let that cheeky little scamp cut back in on his left foot. It's all he has.....but it's good.

Thanks for that punditry, I'll keep it in mind while trying to dispassionately watch Mr Bong.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Dear Mr Bong.

Wow.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is a key juncture in the Albion's season.

If we win, all is great. A big sigh of relief after some very indifferent performances.

If we lose or draw a fixture we won last season, we're very much in the mix with Hudd, Cardiff and Newcastle this time around. Then it's fingers crossed that three of those are worse than us.

Our LB will be targetted by the brilliant Arnautovic and Yarmolenko this evening. This also have a midfield on song with Noble, Anderson and Rice. Hopefully CH successfully counters all that.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Not going to be as easy a ride as it was last season but I think as a 'team' we are more a 'team' than the hammers who are still just a collection of individuals all be it reasonably good individuals.

Keep Arnautovic quiet and I dont think they are anywhere near a threat as they think they are. I predict a tough fought home win :albion2:
Anderson's not bad either.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
You know it's true. You can talk about "how good Bong is defensively" if you want but a lot of goals can be traced back to him. We spent £9million on a new left back in the summer, time for him to play.

Turn it around and you realise no-one would spend 9million on Bong. Would like to see Bernardo start but Bong will.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Not too worried about Yarmalenko, he's a bit one dimensional. Keep the stroppy austrian quiet, he'll get....well, stroppy and don't allow Noble to amble forward.
Failing that, just follow what Mister Hooton says

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Won't be calling for Hughton's head tonight, whatever happens. I want him to stay for the long term. But, lose tonight and I will start worrying a bit about where this season's going. We spent a lot of money in the summer, and I want to see one of the newbies actually set the place alight.

For now, though, I'll think about winning - come on The Albion!

If we lose and to Wolves, it wouldn't be the end of the world, as both opponents now have fantastic squads.

We simply need to win the mini league with Newcastle, Hudd and Cardiff.

Whatever happens, 99% of fans will want CH to stay. He's worked wonders over the last 14 months with the players at his disposal.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Turn it around and you realise no-one would spend 9million on Bong. Would like to see Bernardo start but Bong will.

I think I'm right in thinking that Bong has never been sold for a fee. Understandable.

That said, he is a solid enough professional and I've no question about his mentality or his impact on the dressing room. I don't dislike him, he was very good in the Championship but he's not very good in the Premier League. He is no Wayne Bridge and arguably, he's no Stephen Ward. And yet, some people choose to believe he is just as good when it should be blindly obvious that our right backs are in a different galaxy to our left back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bong has been generally good this season so why pick on him as there are others that havent performed consistently as we know they should.and can. 1 has just been given a new contract for 5 years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bong has been generally good this season so why pick on him as there are others that havent performed consistently as we know they should.and can. 1 has just been given a new contract for 5 years.

He was playing OK until his injury, then IMO Hughton brought him back too quickly with Balogun playing well.

You can generally disregard the 5 years. It does not mean we will be left with a poor player on big wages. Firstly Dunk is a good defender anyway, but the 5 years secures his services and enables the club to get full value if he's sold on at some stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here