Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Wow - the last 30 mins have shown how absolutely vital it is to have a nerveless kicker in the NFL

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
After their impressive wwin against the Lions the Jets come back to reality with a 20-12 defeat by the Dolphins. Sam Darnold reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

Will be cheering on the Giants against the Cowboys in a few hours. Waiting to see if Anthony Brown intercepts Eli Manning again - he's done it twice before

Jul 7, 2003
Andy Reid with your beer gut and walrus tash. Big Ben with your impossible completions. Can’t believe this thread is so far down the board with such an offense dominated game on live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Mahomes as my fantasy QB so looking good this week. Hoping he has slowed down by the time I get to see him play against the Broncos in a couple of weeks time. Don't want my first visit to Mile High to be a defeat.

Jul 7, 2003
Wow - the last 30 mins have shown how absolutely vital it is to have a nerveless kicker in the NFL

Kickers iced 3 times in the Packers Vikings game which definitely influenced the result

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

And even more vital to have a non-injured kicker - unlike the Rams who will be trying 2pt conversions all night...

Jul 7, 2003
And even more vital to have a non-injured kicker - unlike the Rams who will be trying 2pt conversions all night...

More of an issue for field goals than extra points unless their punter is going to have a go.

Jul 7, 2003
Amazing one handed catch in the Jags game

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just finished watching the Giants Cowboys game and it was was pretty dire. NBC must be wondering why they chose this for prime time. Cowboys took it 20-13, 7-0 down after 90 seconds. Manning was sacked 6 times. The stats will show Manning had a reasonable game but I still think he is over rated and needs to be benched - tonight's performance just reinforced that for me. The offence was almost non-existent and Odell Beckham Jnr barely figured in this match.

I've supported the Giants all the time I've been in New York, and they are starting to look like a 3-13 team again. The local tabloids are going to be pretty depressing reading tomorrow

Houston next - has to get better.........................

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Steelers defense was a dumpster fire without Shazier & Haden. Just like it was last year when those two didn't play.

There's gong to be some seriously high scoring games involving Kansas & Pittsburgh this year. Starting with Buccs/ Steelers on Monday night I imagine.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Actually having a punter who can also kick field goals (or vice versa) frees up a roster spot - pay one player to do 2 jobs!

i find it incredible that a dedicated kicker can't do both jobs really.

and as for the Browns and Vikings kickers...... WOW. i doubt either has more than one game to turn it around.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just finished watching the Giants Cowboys game and it was was pretty dire. NBC must be wondering why they chose this for prime time. Cowboys took it 20-13, 7-0 down after 90 seconds. Manning was sacked 6 times. The stats will show Manning had a reasonable game but I still think he is over rated and needs to be benched - tonight's performance just reinforced that for me. The offence was almost non-existent and Odell Beckham Jnr barely figured in this match.

I've supported the Giants all the time I've been in New York, and they are starting to look like a 3-13 team again. The local tabloids are going to be pretty depressing reading tomorrow

Houston next - has to get better.........................

Saquon Barkley will likely be a great player but it seemed pretty obvious to me that last year was the year to go QB early. If the Giants go 3-13, it probably won't matter as they'll get another shot next year, albeit in a worse QB class. What you need to hope is that Barkley isn't good enough to get you to 8-8.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
i find it incredible that a dedicated kicker can't do both jobs really.

and as for the Browns and Vikings kickers...... WOW. i doubt either has more than one game to turn it around.

I will be amazed if Gonzalez isnt clearing out his locker at the crack of dawn US time tbh. He missed numerous chances last season as well, and a lot of Browns fans (me included) were really surprised he won the job again this year. He may have been a record holder at Arizona in College ball...but he has been pretty poor in the pros from the get go.

Hue Jackson better be dialing up some of those FA kickers like Dan Bailey etc today....

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
out of interest, are there any pubs in Brighton/Sussex (i'm in Worthing) that get involved and televise NFL games other than the Superbowl? - sometimes it'd be nice to not just watch from a sofa at home, albeit the timings don't lend themselves that well.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Browns will apparently be working out Blair Walsh & Cairo Santos....

Yep, the same Walsh who missed a 27yd chip shot for the Vikings a couple of years ago, and Santos who couldn't stay healthy after the 2016 season *facepalm*

Wish we could get Phil Dawson back for a couple of years...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Browns will apparently be working out Blair Walsh & Cairo Santos....

Yep, the same Walsh who missed a 27yd chip shot for the Vikings a couple of years ago, and Santos who couldn't stay healthy after the 2016 season *facepalm*

Wish we could get Phil Dawson back for a couple of years...

When the Steelers had our kicker crisis after Suisham did his ACL and the Scobee trade was an unmitigated disaster we found Boswell in a kicking competition. There's plenty of decent kickers around.

Though given Boswell's putrid start to this season........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here