Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Go as way and read the away end off the BBS, I think that is suited to you better. Btw, who are you on the away end?

I never go on the away end of the BBS, it's mind numbingly boring. The same old arguments recycled over again and again. I have not made one post on there and doubt I ever will.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I never go on the away end of the BBS, it's mind numbingly boring. The same old arguments recycled over again and again. I have not made one post on there and doubt I ever will.

I thought you were giving it a rest? You just cannot resist can you? You're as argumentative as the rest of us.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Well if you agree with me you can't be all bad. Now.about this CPFCL discussion :ffsparr:

Do you think it doesn't reflect well on your club that it made significant profits last year, but will not fully fund the ladies team that are affiliated to the club and ask them to self-fund their position in the club, either from their own pockets or via sponsorship?

Is Wilf's gesture a one-off and the same situation will occur next season or are your club going to actually do the decent thing and fully fund the affiliated Ladies team?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I would like to 'advice' you that I never said that and never saw anyone else say that. Indeed you lot were saying that it's points to CPFC having financial difficulties because they require sponsorship, you all ignored the fact that every team in their league is in the same position. As I said they are affiliated to us and we provide funding etc, but we do not cover all of it. Various CPFC groups have sponsored them over the years. It's a non story because it has always been that way.
Anyway I'm off to 'give it rest now' as it's pointless the likes of myself arguing with such geniuses.

The point that was being made is that cpfc weren’t willing to fully support the ladies team . It has nothing to do whether cpfc have financial issues. Interesting that the club now seems to be falling over themselves to be seen to get involved.

As for picking me up on my spelling, if it makes you feel better ..... feel free to take every opportunity.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Do you think it doesn't reflect well on your club that it made significant profits last year, but will not fully fund the ladies team that are affiliated to the club and ask them to self-fund their position in the club, either from their own pockets or via sponsorship?

Is Wilf's gesture a one-off and the same situation will occur next season or are your club going to actually do the decent thing and fully fund the affiliated Ladies team?

I don't think that any Premier League club does as much as they could for grass roots football, not just women's football. I could go a lot further and say that I feel football is more about money than anything else now, I feel the fans get rinsed at every opportunity and the money the players earn is obscene.

The players are asked to get sponsorship of £250 each, which is provided by businesses or fan groups and always has been. If a player could not raise this for whatever reason they could still play for the team, it's not compulsory. That's why I say it's a non story. Could Palace cover the whole cost? Of course. Then again I believe they should help more grassroots and other good causes in general.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The point that was being made is that cpfc weren’t willing to fully support the ladies team . It has nothing to do whether cpfc have financial issues. Interesting that the club now seems to be falling over themselves to be seen to get involved.

As for picking me up on my spelling, if it makes you feel better ..... feel free to take every opportunity.

The club have always been involved and helped them.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
The club have always been involved and helped them.
Absolutely believe you however this poster seemed to suggest the opposite...

Talking out of your arse again, there's a surprise. They are independent of the men's team, most teams players in their league have to find their own sponsors to pay their way. Anyone has to pay their subs in amateur sports.
I realise that the money is a drop in the ocean compared to the money that is generated. I would much rather see the club support kids football or even something like the REMF, if the women fancy playing football then let them pay for it, the same way that the vast majority of adults have to pay for themselves when they are playing sport. It's hardly a vast amount as you say, I pay far more than that in course membership each year.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Absolutely believe you however this poster seemed to suggest the opposite...

If I donate money to Cancer Research or sponsor a kids football team, they are still independent of me. I don't have any control or ownership over them.
If I donate money to Albion in the community does that mean I am now responsible for them?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
So if they are a completely separate entity, playing soccer under the Palace name, who are now skint, and a part of a widely supported televised women's sport. Wouldn't it be good PR just to throw them the dough and 'do the right thing'?

No, obviously not.

**** 'em.

Great policy. Such vision. Genius. No downside there at all, none what so ever.

Carry on. :wanker:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If I donate money to Cancer Research or sponsor a kids football team, they are still independent of me. I don't have any control or ownership over them.
If I donate money to Albion in the community does that mean I am now responsible for them?

You are ignoring the fact palace call themselves the womens parent club. Most probably because they own their identity.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So if they are a completely separate entity, playing soccer under the Palace name, who are now skint, and a part of a widely supported televised women's sport. Wouldn't it be good PR just to throw them the dough and 'do the right thing'?

No, obviously not.

**** 'em.

Great policy. Such vision. Genius. No downside there at all, none what so ever.

Carry on. :wanker:

Who said they are skint ?
Palace ladies are an independent club but with close ties to CPFC.
CPFC help financially with the ladies ,with wages and expenses, like all clubs in their division ( except Man Utd Ladies)
The call for sponsorship is no different to any amateur club, and lots of pro league clubs ask for player kit sponsorship from supporters and businesses, so are all of those clubs skint?
IF Palace ladies get promotion, they will be under the same regulations as your good selves, ie, a closer affiliation and on the payroll, so to speak.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who said they are skint ?
Palace ladies are an independent club but with close ties to CPFC.
CPFC help financially with the ladies ,with wages and expenses, like all clubs in their division ( except Man Utd Ladies)
The call for sponsorship is no different to any amateur club, and lots of pro league clubs ask for player kit sponsorship from supporters and businesses, so are all of those clubs skint?
IF Palace ladies get promotion, they will be under the same regulations as your good selves, ie, a closer affiliation and on the payroll, so to speak.

Why aren’t you answering who the manager is?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here