Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Where would you live in Sussex?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
money no object ...

Top Suite in the Grand Hotel ... hot n cold running chamber maids included :D

well why not if you had the money

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think Midhurst is a really lovely town.

It is, often forgotten as its a long way west but a beautiful little town.

I'd be happy to have two places - one where I am now (Fittleworth) but also somewhere a bit more urban if i wanted convenience and a night out, so perhaps somewhere in Hove.

I'd also happily live in Horsham.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Having lived along the South Coast in different areas most of my life, apart from brief stays in Yorkshire and Dorset, very happy in my home Fiveways area of Brighton, bought as a run down house but improved over last 21 years of living in it, best place I lived and no plans to move even if won the lottery.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Out on the Pevensey levels with no neighbours within a mile. I'm a bit of a misanthrope and I really don't care for other people much.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The quiet suburbs of Brighton & Hove, and luckily that's where I live at present.

So I'd move to a larger house.

I love being near the Amex, shops, seafront, Ice Rink in winter and varied sports facilities, whilst finding relative tranquility at home.

There are some beautiful villages and hamlets in East Sussex, but doing things is generally a significant drive each time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't really give much of a qualified answer because, somewhat shamefully, a fair bit of Sussex is unknown to me
That applies to most of us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
money no object ...

Top Suite in the Grand Hotel ... hot n cold running chamber maids included :D

well why not if you had the money
I think the idea was that you only won the lottery once, rather than win it every week :)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thinking about it, bugger Pevensey Levels, I would have Streat Farm house up on the downs overlooking Plumpton. I had a job there 30 years ago fixing the phone and still remember the stunning views, space and seclusion.
You could also get to the Amex in about 10 minutes in a 4x4.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I would buy a piece of land as close to the centre of Brighton as possible (or knock down some existing decrepit shithole house), and build my own Grand Designs style eco-house there, exactly to my own specifications and requirements.

Living out in the beautiful villages is nice for the view, but I need a little more going on as to not get bored, plus the little village bubble NIMBY mentality that so many of these well-to-do villages maintain drives me round the twist. Plus the thought of having to drive for every little thing doesn't appeal at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here