Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Just Before The Israel Thread Got Crassly Closed...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If only there wa some way of telling that a thread was about politics before you opened them so people who don't like them don't have to read them.

What? Oh!

Am I missing something with the thread prefix thing?
On the Big Board menu/ index how can I tell if a thread is about politics unless the thread title is self explanatory?

Some thread titles on many subjects do not mention what the thread is actually about.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Leave it as it is, is my opinion we already have the prefix separations, pretty simple really if you don’t want to read don’t.
The current format is what makes NSC so much better than any other clubs message boards, yes threads can go off on a tangent and get swamped with political propaganda from time to time, but occasionally you learn something.
The beauty about this site is in the main the good we do for each other, the threads that help each other from mental issues through to holiday ideas, and the comedy value on here sometimes is just pure genius, there have been times on here I’ve been laughing to myself at how funny this site can be, and most of the time those threads are not even football related or tenuously linked through the love of the Albion.

We all different ideas on faith, politics, music, women, even football, we’re not going to agree and some people do troll & antagonise but we know who they are, we know there game, let it roll....

Having said all that I would hate to have to read everything to make sure, Ernest, Pretty Pink Fairy or me are behaving.

Long Live NSC, Viva La Stay The Same.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
my tuppence, the single big board is one of the joys of NSC, everything from music, politics, new car advice and the occasional football thread. many boards splinter to subsets and its chore to move among them, and tedious when posters complain something is in the wrong sub. and more mod work to fix. its raelly quite easy for people to have restraint and not open threads they're not interested in or know will annoy or upset them.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Leave it as it is, is my opinion we already have the prefix separations, pretty simple really if you don’t want to read don’t.
The current format is what makes NSC so much better than any other clubs message boards, yes threads can go off on a tangent and get swamped with political propaganda from time to time, but occasionally you learn something.
The beauty about this site is in the main the good we do for each other, the threads that help each other from mental issues through to holiday ideas, and the comedy value on here sometimes is just pure genius, there have been times on here I’ve been laughing to myself at how funny this site can be, and most of the time those threads are not even football related or tenuously linked through the love of the Albion.

We all different ideas on faith, politics, music, women, even football, we’re not going to agree and some people do troll & antagonise but we know who they are, we know there game, let it roll....

Having said all that I would hate to have to read everything to make sure, Ernest, Pretty Pink Fairy or me are behaving.

Long Live NSC, Viva La Stay The Same.

not there, their

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I also think soap operas should be banned from ANY discussion, as they are all rubbish
100% this. There is nothing worse on NSC than all the tedious threads with people banging on about what is happening in Coronation Street and Crossroads.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can you imagine anything more tedious on that 3 hour away trip on the train where you and your Albion mates talk about football and nothing else......the political discourse is getting incredibly abusive though, perhaps just have 6 political threads only where everything is merged into those.....1 Tories are ####ers 2 Labour are racist ####s 3 Lib Dems......what? 4 UKIP....ssshhh Ex Labour 5 Green.... LOL 6 American Politics....HaHa

Other parties are available

Edit saying that, if political threads were merged those that love to weaponize issues for their agenda wont be able to get the attention they crave.

Last edited:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
The Big Board is literally all I ever look at because the variety of things is so good.
To change it would be to discard what makes it so special.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Can you imagine anything more tedious on that 3 hour away trip on the train where you and your Albion mates talk about football and nothing else......the political discourse is getting incredibly abusive though, perhaps just have 6 political threads only where everything is merged into those.....1 Tories are ####ers 2 Labour are racist ####s 3 Lib Dems......what? 4 UKIP....ssshhh Ex Labour 5 Green.... LOL 6 American Politics....HaHa

Other parties are available

Edit saying that, if political threads were merged those that love to weaponize issues for their agenda wont be able to get the attention they crave.

Your lack of self awareness is truly mind boggling.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes please separate. Can't stand the infiltration of political commentary on what should be a football board. Especially when some deem to use it for propaganda.

NSC isn't a football board. It's a board for Brighton fans, there's a difference. There's only so many threads you can have about tactics, kits and players and it's the non-football threads that make this place what it is. The threads are categorised now so you don't have to open the ones on topics that don't interest you (and the title usually gives you an idea as to the content anyway). I accept that some people aren't interested in political threads, I tend to give most of them a swerve myself these days, but I'd much rather read them than a load of boringly ignorant opinions about Hughton's tactics for example.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lots of the stuff on here categorises as dubious at best and sometimes downright disgraceful but the mods do a good job and the fact that it's all jumbled in together is a large part of the USP of the forum.
Leave as is.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Keep the big board as it is please. I enjoy the variety of subjects and no one needs to open any thread they don't like the look of.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Keep the big board as it is please. I enjoy the variety of subjects and no one needs to open any thread they don't like the look of.

In a nutshell. :thumbsup:

I love the randomness of NSC, (Bellcheeses at work is just brilliant). If there is anything in the news about Trump, Brexit, religion etc etc, I don't go searching the web for a cross section of opinion/info, I go to NSC because I can get all I need. Among the bile and nonsense is usually a good section of erudite and well thought out opinions and viewpoints from people who actually know what they are talking about. It's good that the mods rarely have to step in, as we seem to sort out the wheat from the chaff ourselves, or just agree to disagree. Love it, long may it continue.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

It does surprise me that so many people decide to open threads they have no interest in yet want them removed from the big board.......I enjoy catching up on Albion news on here and also seeing what frankly is an interestingly bizarre diverse community of Brighton fans are up to.....long may it continue..........NSC is incredibly different and the worlds best club forum for a good reason

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
In a nutshell. :thumbsup:

I love the randomness of NSC, (Bellcheeses at work is just brilliant). If there is anything in the news about Trump, Brexit, religion etc etc, I don't go searching the web for a cross section of opinion/info, I go to NSC because I can get all I need. Among the bile and nonsense is usually a good section of erudite and well thought out opinions and viewpoints from people who actually know what they are talking about. It's good that the mods rarely have to step in, as we seem to sort out the wheat from the chaff ourselves, or just agree to disagree. Love it, long may it continue.

So true. I'm always amazed (but obviously shouldn't be) by some of the great stuff on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here