Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ex Brighton players that went on to be managers.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Think Martin Chivers managed Dorchester for a bit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have just seen the Jeff Wood ( who did not play for Brighton ), but was our manager with the worst record has been manager of Gibraltar foe 3 years, and they have not won either.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have just seen the Jeff Wood ( who did not play for Brighton ), but was our manager with the worst record has been manager of Gibraltar foe 3 years, and they have not won either.
So he's doing at least as well as Mourinho or Guardiola would do in that position, eh?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I was thinking which players might be seen as destined to be managers, obviously our top players perhaps have opportunities irrespective of their skill set, whilst thinking about those players that seem to be scholars of the game and would ideally suited to management (whilst acknowledging them being too intelligent to take on such a precarious profession), the 80's era being a particularly vivid memory for me.

Neil Smillie came to mind as one of those 'scholars' as did Giles Stille, both managed, Smillie at Gillingham and Wycombe whilst Stille went to Sweden, one that never came across as a likely future manager of that era is Chris Ramsey whom has had a continued career in coaching and management.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Gerry Ryan . Managed a pub

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Joe Kinnear

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Might be wrong, but thought i read some where Kurt Nogan but cant remember what team if true

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here