• Kept the money, chuck wallet

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • Hand it in

Votes: 132 79.0%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think I'd be crying as I handed it in.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Frankly I'd keep it, if it was a British persons with less money in it then I'd hand it in but if it's some rich oil baron, shucks to them

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Could have been a Brit working in Saudi and you could be taking his wages :)

Anyone walking around with £1600 in cash in their wallet deserves to lose it frankly, if it was clearly someone less well off who needed he money etc I wouldn't hesitate to hand it back but from the sounds of it this wallet belonged to someone with too much of the stuff, I wouldnt feel any remorse about keeping it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone walking around with £1600 in cash in their wallet deserves to lose it frankly, if it was clearly someone less well off who needed he money etc I wouldn't hesitate to hand it back but from the sounds of it this wallet belonged to someone with too much of the stuff, I wouldnt feel any remorse about keeping it

What's your threshold?

£500 fair game to steal?

What if it was only £200 but it was a REALLY expensive looking wallet?

£80 but they had Amex and Coutts and Co black cards?

We all know what the right thing to do is however for us it's a hypothetical question therefore it's all hypothetical answers.

Losing something at a uk airport is probably one of the best places to lose something, travellers sticking together, people flying usually have a few quid etc etc

Lose the same wallet in St James Street and the chances are it'll be a gonna if the finder has a drug issue or perhaps someone on a low income with the Provident man banging on the door the temptation may prove to be too great. Unless it's actually happened to you, your answer is only your word.

I've lost wallets and never got them back, I have returned wallets, one with £60 and one with a fiver, I've also posted a couple anonymously as they have cards etc inside but didn't want to be "in the frame" as the money had been taken (or they were skint)

I once found £40 outside Brighton station, and although I then spent 10 minutes watching the queue in the booking hall for someone checking their pockets for the missing money, I then went and spent it on beer. If I saw someone drop a tenner I would have no doubt in returning it to them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm curious how a wallet with that much cash in it actually closes.

And [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] would, I'm sure, be concerned at the line of the gent's trouser with something that bulky about him unless he was man-bagged up.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Anyone walking around with £1600 in cash in their wallet deserves to lose it !!!! You would feel no remorse after stealing £1600 !!! Nice guy !!!

And [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] would, I'm sure, be concerned at the line of the gent's trouser with something that bulky about him unless he was man-bagged up.

Sterling was in 50's, Saudi notes in 1000's.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If you do a good thing in life - then not only do you feel better as a person, but
you will be re-payed manifold in other ways.

f*** it - keep the dosh! :)

Seriously- karma and all that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It must have been in a man-bag? Unless the person was wearing cargo pants it's a physical impossibility to pop that amount of money and cards in a pocket let alone also maintain a nice trouser-line. And who wears cargo-pants in this day and age?

Robin Hood may have robbed from the rich and given to the poor.....I don`t get the impression that the thieves on NSC are like minded.

Are you never off? We know where you stand on this, do you not watch the news, read the papers etc. There's a lot of bad people out there, if keeping a lost wallet is the worst someone on NSC does we haven't done too badly on the scheme of things

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Robin Hood may have robbed from the rich and given to the poor.....I don`t get the impression that the thieves on NSC are like minded.
Well maybe not some, but this is Husty we're talking about, generally all round good egg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here