Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens brilliant tonight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stephens was back to his best last night.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Yep / very good defensively all match...? I don't recall any poor defending..?

Rewatch it.

Couple of times looked very flustered. Gifted possession twice on the edge of the area. A good player indeed but don't let his attacking threat gloss over the fact he still has some work to do with the ball at his feet. In fact, when the ball is on the floor in general.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There was a reason I used the word DEFENSIVELY - it may be because a loose pass has nothing to do with defending whatsoever. Learn football before giving out :facepalm: - unbelievable.

I would not expect Hughton to agree with you that losing possession in your own half is not a defending issue.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Looked way off the pace in the early games, but was excellent last night, lost count how many times he broke up the play.

More of the same please.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yep agree he looked much better tonight. Just need Propper to improve a bit

I think he's still getting use to the physicality of the game - he was knocked off the ball a few times but we're beginning to see a new range of passing from him that's impressive. Baldock wouldn't mind some of the balls he passes...if we ever see Baldock again..

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Listened to it on 5live. Jermaine Jeanas said he was controlling the midfield and the game for the first half and into a good portion of the second. High praise as they were very negative us all game I thought.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm a Stephens fan and last night was his best game but he did leave Surman to run through into the box for the equalizer!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok fair enough. Maybe I missed Duffy not having a great game. Just felt we nulified them defensively for an hour. All about opinions & thought we restricted them to few chances.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ok fair enough. Maybe I missed Duffy not having a great game. Just felt we nulified them defensively for an hour. All about opinions & thought we restricted them to few chances.

He passed it straight to them under no pressure twice that led to clear chances, and fluffed a clearance that led to their first goal. Other than that, faultless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here