Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£13.5m Player Home Debut - And Nobody Cares?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Next home game and we have a record signing for £13.5m due to make his home debut ...

... and in the meantime we are all in despair re no new striker ...

... expect new guy to start and him or AK be replaced by impact sub March

Does seem a bit bizarre that we treat such high fees with almost contempt as no £20m striker (who could well have been a complete waste of money) to get excited about

Plus we have two Dutch internationals and an Irish one ... and no doubt others I have missed too

PL hype seems to have got the better of us all at the minute

We didn't get this far by not sticking together!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
By the time we kick off against West Brom we will all be very excited again and making lots of noise :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Propper is having a great game for the Dutch at the moment (on Sky now, currently half time)...........or 'Brighton and Hove Albion's Davy Propper' as they keep saying.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
TBH the club didn't give him a lot of hype or show a lot of faith in giving him 10 mins against Watford who were down to 10 men. I think people would be more excited if he were expected to start, whereas the club play down the whole thing and say it will take time to learn and fit in etc.

Can see why they do it but understandable that nobody is getting over excited at present

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Next home game and we have a record signing for £13.5m due to make his home debut ...

Does seem a bit bizarre that we treat such high fees with almost contempt as no £20m striker (who could well have been a complete waste of money) to get excited about

Plus we have two Dutch internationals and an Irish one ... and no doubt others I have missed too

Money is nonsense to me, we could have signed a 2 million quid striker but if he offered a different option going forward and another body up top I'd have been very excited. The problem is we didn't. We have loads of exciting options off the bench right now, but they all need to rely on Hemed to score the chances they create in the striker role. That's harsh on them and Hemed.

el punal

Don't worry, every true Albion fan cares. At Watford the fans were brilliant in getting behind the team and the reception Jose got when he came on was marvellous.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

... expect new guy to start and him or AK be replaced by impact sub March.
Nah, just DS squad - it's just that prices have gone bat-shit mental. Decent cover for Murphy and Skalak, I suppose, but no PL experience.............might get a run out in the League cup..........

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Don't worry, every true Albion fan cares. At Watford the fans were brilliant in getting behind the team and the reception Jose got when he came on was marvellous.

I am not sure he will DEFINATELY start next week. He didn't get much game time in pre-season because his club knew he was going to leave so probably needs more game time as they hardly played him, although I wold love to see him start.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Getting bored now of all the people moaning about the people that moaned about not getting a striker
Think 95% of fans are now over transfer deadline day and are buzzing once again to be in the prem and really looking forward to Saturday
This is the trouble with social media at times, too many people going over the same ground over and over again just for the sake of something to say, where in your real life you're not talking about it 24/7

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TBH the club didn't give him a lot of hype or show a lot of faith in giving him 10 mins against Watford who were down to 10 men. I think people would be more excited if he were expected to start, whereas the club play down the whole thing and say it will take time to learn and fit in etc.

Can see why they do it but understandable that nobody is getting over excited at present

I'm pleased they don't hype Izquierdo. Why put extra pressure on a new player. Let his football do the talking.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
Getting bored now of all the people moaning about the people that moaned about not getting a striker
Think 95% of fans are now over transfer deadline day and are buzzing once again to be in the prem and really looking forward to Saturday
This is the trouble with social media at times, too many people going over the same ground over and over again just for the sake of something to say, where in your real life you're not talking about it 24/7

THIS with bells on!

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

Are you moaning about all the people moaning about the people that moaned about not getting a striker ???

Spot on btw :thumbsup::

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here