Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our support this season at matches

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There's been a few moans on here and elsewhere about the frustrations of the way we've been playing and our rotten luck in the transfer market but we easily outsung Man City at home for most of the game, we were very noisy throughout at Leicester and very good again today, fully supporting the team (as opposed to Watford home support which was one of the worst I've ever heard). All the team incl. Hughton looked like they appreciated it at the end.

Well done to all concerned. I thoroughly enjoyed today's match. Our fans are doing us proud.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
We're just better when we're underdogs. We're not really supposed to be at these grounds either, so there's a kind of easy nihilism to that. Also, when you think you're gonna lose and/or are losing, everyone's more inclined to get pished and just sing their way through it

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sounded very loud on the radio today. Well played all those who were there :clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're just better when we're underdogs.

True, dat.

We're not really supposed to be at these grounds either

Vicarage Road? (I get the broader point though)

The real test comes at home when we have to make it Fortress Amex, starting in two weeks time. The home games will define whether we get to do this again next season or not.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That is what's important. The moaning on this board was incredible today, but that's fine because this is a place to sound off.

At the games, the players need our support and encouragement whilst they adapt to the league and to the new signings. I've no doubt our season will be based on the togetherness of the squad and the team ethic, and the fans can be a part of that by doing what we've always done - be loud, supportive and appreciative of the team, whatever the short comings.

My first proper experience of football, home games at the Priestfield not withstanding, was Orient away in the FA Cup 1st round. The atmosphere that day was incredible, and that is what our supporters are about.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My first proper experience of football, home games at the Priestfield not withstanding, was Orient away in the FA Cup 1st round. The atmosphere that day was incredible, and that is what our supporters are about.

Was that when we had the stand down the side and we [Scars & Stripes] did balloons?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lot of the times it's a bit meh on the radio for away games but it sounded bloody loud today. The Knocky song was the loudest by far.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Was that when we had the stand down the side and we [Scars & Stripes] did balloons?

Yes indeed, we lost the game 4-2 to a hattrick from a horrible sod who shan't be named (at least it wasn't McGleish is a wanker, is a wanker) but the balloons, the confetti and whatever else there was, was incredible and the atmosphere was amazing. Little 10 year old me was blown away and from that point a day at the football wasn't about the bus ride there and back, but it was about what happened on the pitch. I didn't miss a saturday game at Priestfield after that.

Maybe it's unfortunate that a 4-2 defeat remains my favourite experience at a game!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to Leicester but not Watford today. Watched our progress on Jeff Stelling's Soccer Saturday.

Every time they scanned to our game, you could only hear one voice.

Impressive.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We're just better when we're underdogs. We're not really supposed to be at these grounds either, so there's a kind of easy nihilism to that. Also, when you think you're gonna lose and/or are losing, everyone's more inclined to get pished and just sing their way through it

The support last season was the best for a long time, as league leaders.

But yes, we're all just abit more used to being the underdogs.

On topic, actually disagree about today. It was good, particularly first half, but could sense many were tentative in latter part of the second probably down to thoughts of "we should have pressed this advantage by now".

Lovely ovation at the end though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Even at HT the players left to a thunderous ovation and songs. Of course this was helped by the absence of beer at Vicarage Road so everyone stayed in seats until whistle.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Gonna bounce this thread because once again we were superb. WSU in the last 10 minutes was deafening. I was worried that supporting Brighton this season would be a tense affair with quiet fans but no chance. Bloody love the atmosphere at home games this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here