Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just got back couple of hours ago. For me one of the better but I am old now, took it easy just popping and seeing who I fancied. Wasn't actually looking forward to it because couldn't get campervan on East site as have done before and ended up at Bath and West show ground. What a result definitely book again if I go. Royal Blood brilliant, Radiohead shit got bored and went to West Holts for end of Diizzy, at least he entertains. Got annoyed at politics being brought in with Corbyn, kids with "I still hate Thatcher" t shirts who were not even born when she was in power. Sounded like Hitlers Nuremberg rallies just a different stance. Foos superb and Biffy. Got in early for Killers nearly riots when they closed it off, people scrambling through the hedges etc. Gallagher ok but getting loads of abuse Kaizers doing what they do entertain. Loads of Brighton flags, Spent the rest of the time getting pissed and listening to people I've never heard of and probably never will again. Back to work tomorrow.

Surprised you've not mentioned Rag n Bone Man!
Just seen his set, really classy for someone who's not overwrought with nerves :thumbsup:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Very true but never been force fed it before, thought that was what Left Fieid was for

Totally agree. Billy Bragg, an idealist hero of mine in the 80's, has become a figure of fun. Said Corbyn should do what the PLP suggested, accepted Brexit as democratic, now saying goalposts have moved (sorry for the pun) and maybe we should reconsider the Brexit vote and Corbyn is The Saviour.

Loved 'Greetings' Billy, be consistent.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
So many highlights from this year's festival. Here are my 3 top picks so far:

77d4b197f5d99c2145f040c6062fa24c.jpg

3cca5ff9ec3ce22f42c3b5428c75d73c.jpg

f6079bd90ebe76f6c7c95d58eed76fce.jpg

A lot of love for Brighton this weekend, walked around in my Sidwell third kit and I seemed to be getting a shout of seagulls every 10 minutes, and some love for Sidwell every 20 minutes.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Just watched Slaves from yesterday............****ing love Slaves !

Did they show the set from the other stage at 11am, they were very low down on the bill but absolutely blew me away with their set, circle pits at 11am while violently hungover, amazing band with both teenagers and their 40 year old dads in the pit. Unreal set.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That's it for another year..... the future of the envoronment, society and the nation is in the caring hands of yoof once more ......
8be6e359cedfbdc028dd99d76ef0f245.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's it for another year..... the future of the envoronment, society and the nation is in the caring hands of yoof once more ......
8be6e359cedfbdc028dd99d76ef0f245.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You missed this one from yesterday then, by lunchtime the team of yoof rubbish collectors had cleaned it up...

attachment.php

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It even kept playing from a backing track when his hands were off the guitar!
Each dull song merging into the next. I'm surprised they allowed one man with a backing track to headline the Glastonbury festival. Poor effort.

Dear oh dear. I think you need to change your name to The CHUMP.

I see. I suppose that is marginally more skilful than a backing track. I'm certainly not his demographic but it seemed to result in the same thing being played over and over for an hour.

Yes, looping multiple tracks live and in front of 150,000 people (so efficiently that many people don't notice what's going on) is "marginally more skilful" than pressing play on a backing track. Honestly...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Watched Ed Sheeran's set online.

The loop pedal thing is an extremely difficult thing to get right. And he is the best there is. I'm pretty sure he has one of, if not the most advanced loop setup of any artist I've seen. He's certainly got someone controlling the level/EQ of each loop and there is no way that the kick sound he gets out of hitting that little acoustic guitar isn't processed in some way. It's a technical marvel to see it done like that, and it's incredibly brave to stand up there on your larry with that much responsibility. So much can go wrong!

If I'm being honest though, I think if you're headlining Glastonbury, it would have been enough to do a couple of loop pedal numbers to wow the crowd. After that, stop indulging yourself, get the band out and give them the songs they know and love in the best possible way.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Got back late last night and have logged onto NSC for the first time just now.

First time going to Glasto and it surpassed every single expectation I had. I'm a big live music fan but honestly, it felt secondary a lot of the time to the amount of special things going on around me constantly. Having been to quite a few of the more traditional festivals, I was a bit taken aback by how nice people generally were to each other and how few incidents I saw throughout the 5 days.

Musically, my top five were;

1. The Killers secret set at the John Peel - Seen them many times but it was a pretty special atmosphere in a smallish tent
2. Foo Fighters
3. Lorde
4. Royal Blood
5. London Grammar

Cannot wait for 2019 now!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Highlight by a mile was Sheeran, incredible performance, second was Dua Lipa, great moment when the crowd was chanting to her 'Lipa, blow our minds!!' and then she did.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
thanks all for nice words about BBC's Glastonbury coverage

reminder you can now watch 88! full sets from the weekend via iPlayer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p056kg71

and a whole bunch of other stuff (photography, clips, interviews) via https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f

Is this stuff available on the Sky iPlayer or something? It would be good to watch it on my TV with surround sound etc like I did live, but I find using an iPad & Airplay to my Apple TV a bit patchy

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here