Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nothing to cry about.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Dunk is on a long contract so the club won't sell for anything less than 15 million, Norwood looks perfectly capable of filling Stephens' boots

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dunk is on a long contract so the club won't sell for anything less than 15 million, Norwood looks perfectly capable of filling Stephens' boots

Does he? Norwood looks a good player but the energy and power of that Kayal-Stephens axis is going to be hard to replicate. By his own admission, Norwood's at his happiest just in front of the defence whereas Stephens never wanted to sit back. He'd always be close to Kayal, snapping at players' heels, backing him up and vice-versa. That's not to say Hughton won't be able to get that dynamic again given time - but have we got that time if we want to finish top 2? There's no sugar coating it - Stephens' departure would be a huge loss, breaking up possibly the best midfield pairing in the division last season, a pairing which made it possible to play 4-4-2 successfully.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Stockdale was at fault for both goals, Sidwell and Murray had really poor first halfs, the ref made some poor calls, once a goal up the crowd got behind Newcastle, and once down to ten we were unlikely to cone back as the result proved

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We were rubbish and got what we deserved. Nothing,

Rubbish? Pull yourself together! Have a nice cup of tea and slip on a Val Doonican CD. 'Memories are made of this' is a good 'un

doony.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems a bit strange
Another sending off in North East
Yet home team commit more fouls

That's right. It is a conspiracy.

twilightzone1280jpg-b68ece_1280w.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We bottled it on the big occasion, again.

We are just rubbish, aren't we? Let's all kill ourselves, shall we?

exit.jpg

I can'ts stand any more of this doom and bloody gloom. We lost. Get over it. NEXT!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale was at fault for both goals, Sidwell and Murray had really poor first halfs, the ref made some poor calls, once a goal up the crowd got behind Newcastle, and once down to ten we were unlikely to cone back as the result proved

I thought that at first but the second goal was a beauty. When Sky did their analysis of the second goal, Shelvey could have curved it left or right so Stockdale really didn't guess right which can happen to any keeper.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Seems a bit strange
Another sending off in North East
Yet home team commit more fouls

Right fouls in right areas by right players who learnt not to repeat. That is part of the game. 22 fouls committed by Newcastle and we were pony at converting the consequent chances. Poor delivery, and good defending by home team. Straight lines, which contrasts with the horrible arc that let in Lascelles.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Right fouls in right areas by right players who learnt not to repeat. That is part of the game. 22 fouls committed by Newcastle and we were pony at converting the consequent chances. Poor delivery, and good defending by home team. Straight lines, which contrasts with the horrible arc that let in Lascelles.

It didn't help that Duffy & Dunk had not time to get to know each other. Our defence wasn't up to much today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought that at first but the second goal was a beauty. When Sky did their analysis of the second goal, Shelvey could have curved it left or right so Stockdale really didn't guess right which can happen to any keeper.

Brace yourself Thunder Bolt. I agree!!!

The second goal was well taken, he bent it outside of the post and dragged it back. The first goal as Holloway pointed out, he took an unfortunate step to the left. It happens.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
We bottled it on the big occasion, again.

Wow, enjoy your evening. Knockaert converts, 1-1 , 11 men, different game. The commentators said this themselves. Goals completely change the context of the match; had we equalised momentum would have changed. No complaints from me except against those who seek to generalise from one game. 18 regular League games undefeated before today, most of us would have settled for that after Cardiff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brace yourself Thunder Bolt. I agree!!!

The second goal was well taken, he bent it outside of the post and dragged it back. The first goal as Holloway pointed out, he took an unfortunate step to the left. It happens.

Hurray. I knew we'd agree about something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here