Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Victoriaplum.com

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A customer of mine purchased 3 pairs of taps from them, I installed the taps and they were fine for a year.
He called me back to his property because a couple of the taps were dripping, I tried to get some ceramic disc valves ( used instead of washers ) for the taps but none would fit.
I asked the customer to ring Victoria Plum to order some spares, they told him the guarantee had just expired on the taps and they do not sell ceramic disc valves as spares.

The taps should have lasted longer than 1 year and 1 week, even the cheap taps from Screwfix have a 2 year guarantee.

The guarantee shouldn't make too much difference. Taps should last considerably longer than a year and if you can show that that they have failed through no fault of the customer or installation then you should make a claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (replaced the sale of goods act). I made a claim outside of warranty for a faulty television a few years ago but that was under the Sale of Goods Act. I got the tv repaired free of charge. If the goods were purchased using a credit card and are worth more than £100 then you can claim against the credit card company as well.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2008/jun/17/consumeraffairs1

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Good timing thread. Am in the middle of having a new bathroom installed and been looking at Victoria plum, but haven't been sure about them.

Anyway, today ordered a shower tray and screen from Aquabliss Bathrooms. Keeping fingers crossed.

Still got to buy Shower, basin, wc and taps. Think I'll buy them local.
i can recommend Cannadines on London Road just up from Preston Circus. Got a new shower room from them last year, well priced goods and knowledgeable staff.

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Cheap Chinese crap.
Your lucky if you don't need to replace anything damaged or not moulded correctly.
Only advantage is that when fitting a VP bath you can carry it one handed and see where your going through it.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Cheap Chinese crap.
Your lucky if you don't need to replace anything damaged or not moulded correctly.
Only advantage is that when fitting a VP bath you can carry it one handed and see where your going through it.

Yes THIS - Just remembered i fitted a VP shower tray in Heddingly, and it was acrylic capped polystyrene, literally could carry it with one finger.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
My bathroom is kitted out in Victoria plumb. Looks good & works. You do get what you pay for but I haven't had any problems so far (18 months on)

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Good timing thread. Am in the middle of having a new bathroom installed and been looking at Victoria plum, but haven't been sure about them.

Anyway, today ordered a shower tray and screen from Aquabliss Bathrooms. Keeping fingers crossed.

Still got to buy Shower, basin, wc and taps. Think I'll buy them local.

Well my shower tray has turned up but no waste hole been made. Credit due, Aquabliss responded quickly and positively.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here