Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*BANNED from NSC for having the WRONG political VIEWS*

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I HEARD that Bozza and Ernest spent the NIGHT in Brightonkinkybnb, where Ernest had PROMISED all the positions known to MAN. Bozza was so excitied he spent the day SKIPPING and telling all his friends of the fun that awaited. HALF an hour into a night of bondage BOZZA learned that Ernest didn't actually like sex, all he wanted to do was TALK about his sausage and special sauce. Bozza through his half pint of snakebite over Ernest and shouted "You're finished you one trick PONY".

Right, as our resident pedant I've allowed you 30mins to edit 'through' with 'threw'. It's not happened, and frankly I'm disappointed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When NSC is accused of being too left wing, then similarly of supporting the Conservative Party, one feels the balance is right. Anyone wanting a free for all barney of mindless confrontation, with no reasoned argument, could always try Argus Comments.

Or stay on here, but just not post libelous comments.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
But this is not the first time recently that someone has been banned for holding political opinions is it?

Let me guess this is the new mod Goldstone 74 who banned me for an "unsourced" opinion. But Im not that bothered, its the kind of cock up that is going to keep re-accuring till you get rid of him.

he's not up to it.

I'm at a disadvantage in that I haven't seen the original post but I'm trying to work out why Ernest and you think the ban is for holding political opinions. From what I can see it's somewhere in the spectrum of idle gossip and malicious slander, but that isn't political opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But this is not the first time recently that someone has been banned for holding political opinions is it?

Let me guess this is the new mod Goldstone 74 who banned me for an "unsourced" opinion. But Im not that bothered, its the kind of cock up that is going to keep re-accuring till you get rid of him.

he's not up to it.

Sorry, but that's bollocks. Nobody, in this case, or as far as I've ever been privvy to in any other case, has ever been censured for 'holding political opinions'.

Ernest has made a libelous statement about a public figure, who happens to be a politician. Had he been a footballer, and astronaut or a big brother contestant, would have made no difference.

Clutching at straws.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is classic NSC. Someone please flounce so we can stick this thread in a time capsule or something.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I can't understand people getting in a funkle over short bans. I've had a few I've disagreed with but it's hardly a big deal is it? They rarely last more than a week, can be quite healthy to get a break now and again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If something has already been alleged then it is possible to report on the allegation unless a judge has specifically stated otherwise. For example, You can't state that Edna Krabappel allegedly kicked a cat unless someone has already has already made that allegation.

Absolute nonsense. Repeating a libel is still a libel and, as Edna rightly says, putting the word "allegedly" in front is no defence.

Here's what Britain's most famous firm of libel lawyers has to say "Simply to make an allegation and add 'allegedly' or 'it has been alleged' will not in itself protect someone from a libel complaint, as readers will usually still understand there to be some truth in the allegation being made."

http://www.carter-ruck.com/Media Law/Questions_And_Answers.asp

For my work I have to attend regular refresher sessions on libel law. Given the nature of social media these days, I think it would be helpful if more people received such training - there are going to be many more misunderstandings

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
michaeljacksonpopcorn.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I can't understand people getting in a funkle over short bans. I've had a few I've disagreed with but it's hardly a big deal is it? They rarely last more than a week, can be quite healthy to get a break now and again.

You're right, I always feel a lot better when you have been banned for a week or two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Enrest has a habit of this. A few weeks ago he made the libellous claim that UK trains are punctual.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
To be honest never know when Ernest is serious or joking in his post.

Let me help you

No capitals - serious
Several words in capitals - The same joke he has been using for about 5 years.

So in reality he is never funny.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I did, I just couldn't be arsed to go and find it :thumbsup:

Your more than welcome, us mods are here to help the more lazier member of NSC like yourself

(please note I am confirming I am joking and there is no seriousness meant within this post, whilst some will not find it at all funny I do not wish to offend anyone nor am I being personal towards you or any reader....Alledgedly.....oh and if I have made any speelling mastakes this is also a genuwhine mastake)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here