Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Bands who are deemed 'not cool'

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What is cool and what is uncool, seems to me changes over time.

Genesis have been mentioned, but I'm sure that many would feel that when they were an album band (expecting I know what I like) they were cool, bit once they became a hit singles band they became uncool.
Also the arrival of punk immediately made lots of album focused bands uncool overnight, but at the start of the 70s these bands would have been cool.

In terms of what is uncool, I usually go with anything my sister liked at the time, (now anything my wife likes) any singles oriented group (pre punk) all boy bands, all music which has emerged from talent shows, anything liked by the under 12s.

So from my collection, I will go with C C Adcock

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
What is cool and what is uncool, seems to me changes over time.

Genesis have been mentioned, but I'm sure that many would feel that when they were an album band (expecting I know what I like) they were cool, bit once they became a hit singles band they became uncool.
Also the arrival of punk immediately made lots of album focused bands uncool overnight, but at the start of the 70s these bands would have been cool.

In terms of what is uncool, I usually go with anything my sister liked at the time, (now anything my wife likes) any singles oriented group (pre punk) all boy bands, all music which has emerged from talent shows, anything liked by the under 12s.

So from my collection, I will go with C C Adcock

Er...You may want to re-phrase that...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The ultimate cool was Gregory Isaac the one and only cool runner.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Saw Doctors
Crosby Stills and Nash

Two of the best live - and diametrically opposed - bands ever

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are Steely Dan cool? They certainly don't look it. There was a Classic Albums programme on Sky Arts about Aja a while ago and they are the most geeky looking musos I can think of.

I love Stevie Wonder. Some of his output may be considered cool but some of it definitely isn't. His coolness (or not) divides my friends.

Queen are a guilty pleasure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here