Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham situation. Is it the same?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I read that more as they want the club to find a way to reduce the queuing times at half time, so that their fans can do those things during the 15 min break rather than (as you have seemingly read it as) calling for the break to be extended

Exactly like we had with our fans complaining about the queues at half time when we first moved in to the Amex and how long it takes to get served

But it doesn't say the catering situation needs to be addressed (as our fans do) or that the queuing needs to be looked it. It says, quite specifically "The 15 minute interval needs to be addressed". It's a strange wording for your interpretation.

And it's also hard to know what the club can do within 15 minutes anyway (as the Albion know all too well)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
But it doesn't say the catering situation needs to be addressed (as our fans do) or that the queuing needs to be looked it. It says, quite specifically "The 15 minute interval needs to be addressed". It's a strange wording for your interpretation.

And it's also hard to know what the club can do within 15 minutes anyway (as the Albion know all too well)

Are you sure about that ?

The 15 minute interval must be addressed its impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half

So what does the highlighted section of this quote mean then?
Surely by saying it's impossible to do those during the 15 min break, it implies that it's down to queuing times, etc..... as their demands to address that seem to be about making that possible to do during the half time interval

It does not read as they are demanding that the 15 min break at half time should be extended to make it possible but some on here have obviously jumped to that conclusion (despite nothing in that statement saying that the club should be looking to make it a longer break in that list from their fans) Therefore it would be a stranger interpretation of that statement to assume they want a longer half time break than my interpretation would be about reducing queuing times, etc...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Are you sure about that ?

So what does the highlighted section of this quote mean then?
Surely by saying it's impossible to do those during the 15 min break, it implies that it's down to queuing times, etc..... as their demands to address that seem to be about making that possible to do during the half time interval

It does not read as they are demanding that the 15 min break at half time should be extended to make it possible but some on here have obviously jumped to that conclusion (despite nothing in that statement saying that the club should be looking to make it a longer break in that list from their fans) Therefore it would be a stranger interpretation of that statement to assume they want a longer half time break than my interpretation would be about reducing queuing times, etc...

I think either interpretation works. I agree with your interpretation of it, but it certainly is a weird way to word it.

'The 15 minute interval must be addressed' certainly puts the emphasis on the time and the interval itself as the problem, the addition of 'its impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half' doesn't in itself negate that interpretation. In this context, it would be interpreted as 'the time allocated to the interval is not enough to do these things'.

It's almost like whoever wrote it was trying to sound smart and professional but over-reached.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here